Muster on the Wabash

  • Dave Westhouse
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
      Dear List,

      Many of you may have already gotten the information on this event in your email. For those who haven't I had uploaded the 3 files into the files section see the Muster on the Wabash file.

      The letter on the event follows.

      Dave Westhouse.

      Vincennes State Historic Sites
      P.O. Box 81
      Vincennes, IN 47591

      Dear Period Demonstrator/Vendor/Trader:

      Vincennes State Historic Sites invite you to the 11th annual Muster on the Wabash! This War of 1812 encampment will take place on November 7th and 8th, 2009. The location is historic Fort Knox, on the river three miles north of town, where Gov. Harrison mustered his troops before the Prophetstown campaign.

      Public hours are 9am-5pm Saturday and 10am-4pm Sunday. Set-up on Friday is encouraged. As a juried event, your clothing, camp, food and any trade goods must reflect the 1790-1815 period. U.S. and British regulars, militia, Woodland Native Americans, voyageurs and civilians are invited to participate.

      Period traders and food vendors are welcome for a $25.00 fee. Please enclose a check made to "Old Northwest Corporation" and return with the signed Vendor's Permit. Craft exhibitors are not charged if they demonstrate their talents to the public. Campers are provided firewood, straw, port-a-johns, and a meal on Saturday evening. Re-enactors/Vendors must be registered by 9am Saturday morning to qualify for the evening meal.

      Safety is foremost. No loaded weapons in camp. Weapons are only fired as part of scheduled events unless approved by the Site Manager. Only paper cartridges are used—no horns, ramming of charges, gluing, stapling, or waxing. Limited powder is provided for cannon only. All edged weapons must have scabbard or sheath. State Historic Site staff decisions concerning all aspects of the Muster are absolute. As a State Historic Site all alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.

      An Application to Participate is enclosed. Please return it, and if applicable the Vendor's Permit, by October 23rd. Please call David Weaver, Richard Day or myself at 812-882-7422, or email vincennesshs@... with questions or concerns. Also, you can visit spiritofvincennes.org. for more information about the event.

      We appreciate your participation in the Muster! We hope to take the event to a new level as the bicentennial of the historic events at Fort Knox approaches. In 2011 we plan to move to the actual dates the troops departed, September 24th and 25th, in conjunction with other bicentennial commemorations being planned for that year. To be notified about the Muster in the future, please send your email address to vincennesshs@....
      We look forward to seeing our old friends again and making some new ones!

      Sincerely,

      Bruce Beesley, Site Manager
    • wtraisner@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
        Sir
        There was not an application to participate attached, so I wish to make my intentions known via E! mail.

                                      1st US Infantry
                                       Walt Raisner  Captain
                                       4-5 soldiers
                                       (618) 288-3860

        See you in November

        Walt Raisner

        Many of you may have already gotten the information on this event in your email. For those who haven't I had uploaded the 3 files into the files section see the Muster on the Wabash file.

        The letter on the event follows.

        Dave Westhouse.

        Vincennes State Historic Sites
        P.O. Box 81
        Vincennes, IN 47591

        Dear Period Demonstrator/Vendor/Trader:

        Vincennes State Historic Sites invite you to the 11th annual Muster on the Wabash! This War of 1812 encampment will take place on November 7th and 8th, 2009. The location is historic Fort Knox, on the river three miles=2
        0north of town, where Gov. Harrison mustered his troops before the Prophetstown campaign.

[...]

        An Application to Participate is enclosed. Please return it, and if applicable the Vendor's Permit, by October 23rd. Please call David Weaver, Richard Day or myself at 812-882-7422, or email vincennesshs@... with questions or concerns. Also,=2
        0you can visit spiritofvincennes.org. for more information about the event.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
          Walt,

          The application is in a folder in the Files sections. Attachments cannot be made to the messages which is why you didn't see one.

          Dave.