Ahoy

  • davidtargett@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
      Happy Dominion Day to all.

      Just a quick way of introduction. I am David Targett, now living in Petrolia Ontario Canada (North America's Oil Capital - believe it or not).

      I served both in the Royal Canadian Horse Artillery and the "Royal" Canadian Navy before retiring in 2002.

      I have always been interested in history and Canadian History in particular - which is why I enjoy being a reenactor. I was first with the War of American Agression group "The King's Royal Regiment of New York" but after three years had to leave because of personal time restraints.

      Happily, I am now free to devote more time to the hobby, and because of my love of the water, cannon and boats, I have joined the Provincial Marine.

      Also, I chose the War of 1812, not only because of it's importance to the building of our great Nation, but also because many of the battles actually occured near where I am presently living.

      I look forward to meeting some of you at future events, and sharing Naval knowledge over the coming years.

      May you have fair winds, and following seas.

      Dave
    • roy winders
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2009
        Enjoy yourself Dave, The British Indian Dept. will be here when your ready,
        promotions here are swift ( just ask corporal Kidd )