Re: Grand Tactical at Crysler's Farm - Update

  • John McGarry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12, 2009
      Please be aware that you will NOT be able to cross in to Canada at the bridge between Cornwall and Messina, NY. As far as I'm aware, you are still able to enter the US over that bridge.

      John McGarry
      1st Foot (Lt.Coy.)

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "bjbashore" <bjbashore@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Just FYI, the Grad Tactical web site at http://1812grandtactical.tripod.com/
      > has been updated to include some additional information on the event.
      >
      > Under Amenities - some additional information on the Saturday night dinner provided by the hosts (The Friends of Crysler's Farm Battlefield Memorial) has been included.
      >
      > Under Camp.... - a pdf map of the site with the camp locations and tactical fields has been added. Also, a copy of the Crown Forces Renactment Safety Rules has been posted.
      >
      > And under Participant Informaiton - a letter from the site including border crossing tips has been included in pdf format. Having the letter on hand if you are travelling from the U.S. may help speed your border crossing. However, so far this year, the border crossings have been relatively easy with short wait times (even with the new requirements).
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > Betsy

    • Sue
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 14, 2009
        AFAIK, the Canadian customs post is still closed at Cornwall/Massena.
        Crossing back into the States may not be possible as the bridge is blockaded by protesters on the Canadian end.
        Crossing at Ogdensburg or the Ivy Lea Bridge may take you out of your way, but end up being faster.
        Depending on where you are coming from, entering at points in Quebec Province may work for you. I am not familiar with any of the Quebec entry points however.

        Sue