Jacket Cost

  • Chris McKay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2009
      Hello All,
      I have a question which I am hoping is a quick check of someone's notes: what would be the average cost of a (British) private's jacket during the War of 1812? What about a sergeant's? I have seen some people on this list that have records of the price of wool, so if someone could give me a unit price for madder versus scarlet wool, I could use that instead.

      Thanks,

      Chris McKay