Lundy's Lane Historical Museum expansion update

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
      Hello,

      I am pleased to be able to announce a few bits of good news related to the Lundy's Lane Historical Museum expansion:

      At last night's city council meeting, the Board announced four major donors for the project:

      1 - The Gale Family have made a significant donation and they will be our major donor with naming rights for the 1812 Visitors Centre

      2 - The Niagara Falls Hydro Holding Company has made a donation for the naming rights to the events courtyard and covered walkway

      3 - The West family, in memory of General and Christine West have made a donation for the naming rights to the "stairwell gallery"

      4 - The Main and Ferry BIA has also made a donation to the project

      In addition to this, Council approved the recommendation of staff to retain Moriyama and Teshima as our architects for this project. Moriyama and Teshima are very well known Canadian architects whose best known museum project is the design of the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa. They will be working with Lord Cultural Resource Management and Borgal Heritage Consultants on the Museum project.

      Construction should begin January or February of next year.

      A big thank you to all for your support and also a reminder that it is still not too late to make a donation...one time or monthly pledges are welcome and a tax receipt will be issued for donations. Email kwindsor (at) niagarafalls (dot) ca for more details.

      Kevin Windsor, Curator

      Lundy's Lane Historical Museum

    • Kathryn.Schwenger41@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
        Congratulations! Those are good design choices.

        Kathryn

[...]

        ------------------------------------

        War of 1812 Living History:
        A wide-ranging information exchange
        for all participants and supporters

        Crown Forces Unit Listing:
        http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
        American Forces Unit Listing
        http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
      • Rick Peterson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 10, 2009
          Mr Windsor,
          Job well done! Great to see that sometimes there actually is money going to our well deserved sites.

          Rick Peterson