Bayonets, Leather Gear and Headwear

  • awhitelion2000
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2009
      Everyone's been very kind in giving me the names of who to contact for uniform. Now I'm wondering about good sources for other items. I don't see many people offering a bayonet as the M1795 Springfield bayonet. I do see GG Godwin and CD Jernigan offering the Charleville bayonet. Does that fit the Pedersoli M1795? Also how about leather gear, canteens, packs, and such. Is Jernigan or Godwin good for that - I've not see other sources in my quick searching on the internet.
      Finally how about headgear? It looks to me that Jernigan is the only outfit offering the 1812 style felt hat. I see sveral makers of the 1813 Leather cap. Which is the best and most accurate [in your opinion]?
      Thanks, Tom
    • ianjohns08060
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2009
        For a shako, I recommend John Purdy at Ephraim Beeks (his web site seems to be down just now, though). And if you're still looking for uniforms or other clothing, try Sue Walters at SuesOldFashions.com

        ian johns
        3rd East Kent Reg't (The Buffs)