"Pass It On Sale" & Pay Parade at Stoney Creek

  • peter monahan
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2009
      Just a reminder that there will be a sale of "previously enjoyed and gently used" goods on the porch of Nash-Jackson House again this year, a chance to get a return on your investment in outgrown clothing, gear and small items of furniture or kit.

      Re-enactors are invited to bring period goods which they no longer require to the House at 9:30 am on Saturday morning or to contact Janice Monahan at the Sergeant Major's tent to make other arrangements. Please be sure that you bring a price list. Stick on labesl will be provided. No commission will be charged but you are responsible for reclaiming unsold items and profits on Sunday afternoon.

      Pay Parade

      In past years I have run a Pay Parade for the amusement of the public. I need between 8 and 10 soldiers and a few camp followers to make this work. Hangers-on, in various states of sobriety are also welcome. Each soldier will be given a simple scenario: pay due but with stoppages for lost kit; pay due but already borrowed against; pay due but soldier too drunk to sign for it; soldier's widow trying to collect his last pay and so on. This will take place at 12:30 on Saturday.

      A rare chance to abuse the Sergeant Major in public and live to tell about it! Closet thespians welcome! Just drop me an e-mail or let me know Friday evening, please.