Fort Meigs Weekend!

  • Tom Fournier
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25 6:10 AM
      Good morning list

      It is my desire to send a quick note to express my congratulations and appreciation to the staff and volunteers of Fort Meigs.

      Another outstanding Fort Meigs weekend - spectacular weather, a wonderful setting, a delightful Saturday night dinner and hordes of friendly, curious and appreciative visitors.

      Thank you!

      On behalf of the 41st Regiment of Foot,

      Tom Fournier
    • Mark Dickerson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 25 6:52 AM
        The light company of the Royal Scots would like to thank the staff,
        volunteers and organizers of Ft Meigs for a great weekend. The battles were
        fun and we really enjoyed the morning tactical. As always, a great
        atmosphere.

        A special thanks to the Kentuckians for their hospitality on Saturday night
        while we reminisced about Maryland. But I suspect that after they found out
        about the Sunday morning tactical, they had malicious motives by trying to
        incapacitate my company by supplying them with Kentucky Bourbon.

        Mark Dickerson

      • Thad Stern
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25 5:54 PM
          Cpt. Dickerson,

          It was great to see the RS Light Company again! We were just getting ready to make our way over to your camp when you all arrived. I suspect your motives were to carry the " drinking war" to the enemy!

          You caught me, I completely underestimated you all's constitutions! In our defense, we were brought some very good Canadian beer and some nasty wine. I believe when the party was finished it was a draw.

          Sure was good to see you all again and look forward to the 09' Grand Tactical,
          take care,
          Thad Stern, 1st Sgt, 2nd KY Vols