Re: 4th Foot

  • Charlie McCulloh
    Message 1 of 21 , May 4 2:00 PM
      I already talked to Carl and he says his group is not going to M this year.
      Is Dan in that group with Carl?

    • JGIL1812@aol.com
      Message 2 of 21 , May 4 3:15 PM
        In a message dated 5/4/2009 2:00:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
        moosenmoo35244@... writes:

        Is Dan in that group with Carl?

        Charlie,

        No... Dan is with another group who portray's the 4th.

        JG
        **************2009 3 Free CREDIT SCORES: See Your 3 Credit Scores from All
        3 Bureaus FREE!
        (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221797372x1201397989/aol?redir=https:%2F%2Fwww.freescore.com%2FOffers%2FStart%2FFreeCreditRepor
        tAndScore.aspx%3FID%3D91831F371F138345B53A153F49D4D872%26siteid%3De927580bf7
        )

        Message 3 of 21 , May 4 7:05 PM
          Mississinewa 1812 usually has a few Chicago 4th in attendance

          Don't know where Carl Johnson is located, or Dan

          Yrs.,
          L2

          United States Forces 1812
          http://usforces1812.tripod.com

          Crown Forces North America 1812
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

          WAR Of 1812 Events

          Sutlers & Merchants
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

          1812/2009 Grand Tactical Webpages
          http://www.cryslersfarm.com
          http://1812grandtactical.tripod.com
          Annual War of 1812 Grand Tactical
          July 11-12, 2009 Crysler's Farm
          Morrisburg, Ontario, Canada

          --- "Charlie McCulloh" wrote:

          I already talked to Carl and he says his group is not going to M > Is Dan in that group with Carl?
        • LCpl_rm
          Message 4 of 21 , May 4 8:02 PM
            Carl's 4th is from the Carolinas.

            Charlie belongs to the 4th down in Alabama/Mississippi.

            And obviously there's a 4th from Chicago. Dan's?

            You guys ever planning to get together?

            Cheers,

            Ed Seufert, Cpl
            1812 Royal Marines

            Message 5 of 21 , May 5 2:59 AM
              I think I met some of the Chicago group at Chalmette this January. Hope to get together soon with the rest. 3 or 4 of us are trying to get our life/family/work schedules together to go to M. We'll fall in with any other 4th members we can find.

              Charlie

            • mimathews@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 21 , May 5 5:39 AM
                That would be good to see.  Usually they get grouped with the Swiss and other misc. types to form a section.  The Chicago area group was good looking and well drilled.  We travelled with them to Waterloo in 95.  Unfortunately almost all have drifted off to other pursuits.

                Michael

                "In the long run, we only hit what we aim at."  -- Thoreau

                Message 7 of 21 , May 5 6:10 AM
                  In a message dated 5/5/2009 3:00:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                  moosenmoo35244@... writes:

                  I think I met some of the Chicago group at Chalmette this January. Hope to
                  get together soon with the rest. 3 or 4 of us are trying to get our
                  life/family/I think I met some of the Chicago group at Chalmette this January.
                  Hope to get togeth

                  Charlie,

                  Yes... that was Dan and Al you met at New Orleans this past year. Friendly
                  guys and I am sure their group would be eager to join up with you.

                  JG/RE
                  steps!
                  (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322931x1201367171/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
                  =May5509AvgfooterNO115)

                • BritcomHMP@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 21 , May 5 7:30 AM
                    Charlie,

                    On a related topic please let me know if any of the unit might be
                    interested in attending the Jean Lafitte event on Grand Isle this July. This is the
                    second year for this event which is in connection with the Tarpon Rodeo but
                    we are looking at developing two stind-alone events, one on Grand Isle/
                    Grand Terre and one in Lafitte.

                    All the best,

                    Tim Pickles

                    In a message dated 5/5/2009 8:13:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
                    JGIL1812@... writes:

                    I think I met some of the Chicago group at Chalmette this January. Hope to

                    get together soon with the rest. 3 or 4 of us are trying to get our
                    life/family/life/family/<WBR>I think I met some of the Chicago group at
                    Chalmette t
                    Hope to get togeth

                    Charlie,

                    steps!
                    (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322931x1201367171/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
                    =May5509AvgfooterNO115)

                  • HAROLD DENNISON
                    Message 9 of 21 , May 5 9:08 AM
                      I hope they'll "all" have the opportunity to introduce themselves to one and other well in advance of Mississinewa at the Grand Tactical in July.

                      Hal Dennison
                      1-800-385-9630
                      www.JustDreamLife.com

                      I teach people like "you" how to make six figure incomes working from home.

                      ************ **A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy

                      Message 10 of 21 , May 5 12:47 PM
                        With all the talk of Mississinewa 1812

                        May I point out to the Canadians that this is one of the years
                        that Mississinewa 1812 http://www.mississinewa1812.com
                        is not on the Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend (yes we have a different Thanksgivings day than the Americans)

                        Oct 2-4 Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, Indiana, USA
                        Oct 12 Canadian Thanksgiving Day

                        So the excuse of Thanksgiving Day being a Family Celebration won't work this year

                        If your excuse is "it' s too far to drive" - think of those in Texas and Georgia who make a two /three day drive to attend this event

                        Or if your excuse is "there's the USA/Canadian border to cross" there is still time to obtain a passport.

                        If you still need somethining there are over
                        100 sutlers/merchant/food booths at this event to shop

                        Yes I do love the event at Mississinewa/Marion, Indiana

                        It is the last time to socialize with re-enactors from the USA till next year.
                        I may only see them this year at The War of 1812 Grand Tactical.

                        The War of 1812 Grand Tactical is at Crysler's Farm next to Upper Canada Village (where the `Crossing' was filmed) near Morrisburg, Ontario, Canada and is on July 11-12

                        July 11-12 Grand Tactical Crysler's Farm - Morrisburg, ON
                        Oct 2-4 Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, Indiana, USA
                        Oct 12 Canadian Thanksgiving Day

                        So to quote Hal Dennison: "I hope they'll "all" have the opportunity to introduce themselves to one and other well in advance of Mississinewa at the Grand Tactical in July."

                        Yrs.,
                        L2
                        And for those new to this Yahoo Group visit

                        Message 11 of 21 , May 5 1:03 PM
                          Mr Lozon,

                          Here's one more you can quote.....See you all at Fanshawe!!!!   :)

                          Wait a minute....is that a conflict because Mississinewa moved their event ahead a week this year??? Good luck trying to sell that one this year, Sir.

                          http://royal. scots.tripod. com/warof1812eve ntslist

                          Message 12 of 21 , May 5 1:51 PM
                            Yes Mr. Dennison

                            Sadly there is a date conflict this year
                            (Mr. Westhouse are we having this conversation again?!?)

                            Oct 2-4 Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, Indiana, USA
                            Oct 3-4 Fanshawe 1812 - London, Ontario, Canada

                            Thank you for your offering of `Good Luck' trying to sell Mississinewa this year.

                            There will be those who attend Fanshawe 1812 and I know of some who will travel to Mississinewa 1812.

                            I can only hope both events are attended well as they are both good 1812 events.

                            My comments were not to belittle Fanshawe as I know your group [1st (Royal Scots) Regt. Grenadier Company] sponsor the event but rather to inform those who would like to attend Mississinewa that it is not on the Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend.

                            Yrs,
                            L2

                            --- HAROLD DENNISON wrote:

                            Mr Lozon,

                            Here's one more you can quote.....See you all at Fanshawe!!!!   :)

                            Wait a minute....is that a conflict because Mississinewa moved their event ahead a week this year??? Good luck trying to sell that one this year, Sir.
                          • Mark Dickerson
                            Message 13 of 21 , May 5 2:09 PM
                              The Mississinewa event rotates every year between the first week end and the
                              second week end in October. Mississinewa and the Battle of the Thames used
                              to conflict every other year in the past. Both events usually ended up
                              being well attended when they coincided.

                              Count on the Battle of the Thames to be recreated on October 4, 5 and 6th in
                              2013. The 5th will be the actual 200th anniversary.

                              Mark Dickerson

                              Message 14 of 21 , May 5 2:37 PM
                                Mississinewa 1812 also contends with the Feast of the Hunter's Moon and the Perdue University Football Game.

                                As members of the Feast of the Hunter's Moon are now on the Mississinewa 1812 committee they are able to work out dates.

                                Mississinewa 1812 - October 2-4, 2009
                                Mississinewa 1812 - October 8-10, 2010

                                Mr. Dickerson, I look forward to the Battle of the Thames October 4, 5, 6, 2013.

                                Yrs.,
                                L2
                                PS: I hope your travel east was enjoyable

                                --- "Mark Dickerson" wrote:

                                The Mississinewa event rotates every year between the first week end and the second week end in October. Mississinewa and the Battle of the Thames used to conflict every other year in the past. Both events usually ended up being well attended when they coincided.
                                Count on the Battle of the Thames to be recreated on October 4, 5 and 6th in 2013. The 5th will be the actual 200th anniversary.
                              • Dave Westhouse
                                Message 15 of 21 , May 5 5:08 PM
                                  The anniversary event of the Battle of the Thames in 2014 has been noted to the staff at Fanshawe and the event will make way for the anniversary event that year by some means yet to be determined. In 2014 you will NOT see;

                                  Oct 4-6 . . . Battle of the Thames
                                  Oct 5-6 . . . Fanshawe 1812

                                  Being sensitive to actual battle sites in the anniversary years is essential to making it all work.

                                  Dave Westhouse.

                                  October events