Longwoods

  • Mark Dickerson
    Message 1 of 50 , May 4, 2009
      We in the UTMRS are very pleased at how Longwoods went. I think everything
      about Longwoods was a success. It always helps when the weather
      co-operates. A lot a hard work was put in by the UTMRS members, especially
      the Longwoods committee, Marvin, Brad, Chris, Larry, Glenn, Kent, Tom and
      Sue. Thank you to the judges for your time and effort, and to Stoney Creek
      for allowing us to borrow the fire plates.

      We appreciate everybody's patience and cooperation as we
      continually make changes to Longwoods such as fire pits and camping
      placement.

      I apologize to anybody that did not receive notification that there was no
      Saturday evening meal. I trust that you did not go hungry.

      A lot of hard work goes into all these events. Members of our group are
      even out there today gathering firewood, fixing holes and general cleanup.
      It makes out jog easier when group clean their own campsites well.

      Thank you to everybody for all you kind words and assistance.

      Mark Dickerson

    • Grenzer7
      Message 50 of 50 , May 6, 2014
        Let me add a congratulations and a thank you to the organizers of the
        Longwoods event. We enjoyed it and wished more people had come out to
        join either as reenactors or spectators. This was a great start to the
        season!

        John Goldsworthy
        Croghan's Company, 17th US Infantry
        (The King's Company of Historical Reenactors)