RE: 1812 Longwoods

  • petemonahan@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 51 , May 4, 2009
      Richard

      I was heartened By Bernie and Byron's responses too. And, like you, I have mixed feelings about Dave's resignation: we may miss the warm body but probably not the attitude/behaviour. If you would take up where he left off, at least for the next few weeks until school ends, we can figure something out then.

      Thanks for your generosity in giving of your time and talents. Have a great day & maybe you can fill me in on what happens or doesn't happen tomorrow. Thankd

      Peter

      Peter Monahan
      petemonahan@...
      705-435-0953

      > CC: 1812_ProgressiveCampaigner@yahoogroups.com; 1812CrownForces@yahoogroups.com
      > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      > From: sgtwarner@...
      > Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 08:56:14 -0400
      > Subject: 1812 Longwoods
      >
      > I add my voice to those sending accolades to the UTMRS for a great
      > season opener for those of us in Upper Canada !
      > Thanks also for arranging the great weather!
      > Congratulations to all the participants in the drill competition this
      > year. It was a near run thing. And of course to the winners, the
      > Royal Scots Grenadier company, apparently excellence IS a habit!
      > The Grenadiers had a bumper weekend as they unfurled their new
      > Colours as well on the Saturday morning parade. They are beautiful.
      >
      > Well done all.
      >
      > Craig Williams
      >

      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > War of 1812 Living History:
      > A wide-ranging information exchange
      > for all participants and supporters

      > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
      > American Forces Unit Listing
      > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
      >
      > WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:

    • tom4141fournier
      Message 51 of 51 , May 8

        Good morning list

        I would like to thank the Royal Scot Lights for their wonderful work hosting us this weekend at the Longwoods Conservation Area just outside of London, Ontario.

        I marvel at the resiliency and high spirts so evident in reenactors!

        In spite of terrible weather forecasts all week, we had a remarkable turnout and actually had a very good weekend.  All drill sessions and battle scenarios went as planned.

        I am so happy all were rewarded with a sunny day and dry canvas to wrap up the weekend!

        I found the American forces to be very active and energetic and truly a daunting opponent.

        I would also like to thank the assembled British, Canadian and Native forces for their support and fine efforts.  It is always a joy to watch the dedication with which they train to refine their impression and the skill they demonstrate in application.

        Next up is our first Crown Forces event of the season at Fort Meigs.  Stoney Creek quickly follows.  I hope to see strong turnouts and great support at both events.

        Truly I remain,

        Your most humble and obedient Servant,

        Tom Fournier, Lt. Colonel

        Crown Forces