RE: 1812 Longwoods

  • petemonahan@sympatico.ca
    Message 1 of 50 , May 4 6:29 AM
      Richard

      I was heartened By Bernie and Byron's responses too. And, like you, I have mixed feelings about Dave's resignation: we may miss the warm body but probably not the attitude/behaviour. If you would take up where he left off, at least for the next few weeks until school ends, we can figure something out then.

      Thanks for your generosity in giving of your time and talents. Have a great day & maybe you can fill me in on what happens or doesn't happen tomorrow. Thankd

      Peter

      Peter Monahan
      petemonahan@...
      705-435-0953

      > CC: 1812_ProgressiveCampaigner@yahoogroups.com; 1812CrownForces@yahoogroups.com
      > To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
      > From: sgtwarner@...
      > Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 08:56:14 -0400
      > Subject: 1812 Longwoods
      >
      > I add my voice to those sending accolades to the UTMRS for a great
      > season opener for those of us in Upper Canada !
      > Thanks also for arranging the great weather!
      > Congratulations to all the participants in the drill competition this
      > year. It was a near run thing. And of course to the winners, the
      > Royal Scots Grenadier company, apparently excellence IS a habit!
      > The Grenadiers had a bumper weekend as they unfurled their new
      > Colours as well on the Saturday morning parade. They are beautiful.
      >
      > Well done all.
      >
      > Craig Williams
      >

      > ------------------------------------
      >
      > War of 1812 Living History:
      > A wide-ranging information exchange
      > for all participants and supporters

      > Crown Forces Unit Listing:
      > http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
      > American Forces Unit Listing
      > http://usforces1812.tripod.com
      >
      > WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:

    • Grenzer7
      Message 50 of 50 , May 6 5:23 AM
        Let me add a congratulations and a thank you to the organizers of the
        Longwoods event. We enjoyed it and wished more people had come out to
        join either as reenactors or spectators. This was a great start to the
        season!

        John Goldsworthy
        Croghan's Company, 17th US Infantry
        (The King's Company of Historical Reenactors)