Longwoods

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 50 , May 3, 2009
      List:
      Although I was present only on Saturday, I would like to offer my
      compliments and congratulations to the UTMRS - 1st Regiment (Royal
      Scots) Light Company - for their efforts and excellent organisation for
      the past week-end.
      The site was well-set out, the programme very good, and the sire and
      facilities very well arranged.
      As a judge in the Drill Competition on Saturday I must express my
      opinion that the competition has improved the standard of drill in the
      battalion. All three companies that took part -1st Lights, 1st
      Grenadiers, 41st Regiment did themselves proud. The crispness of their
      marching and deportment was commendable, and their execution of the
      various demands of the competition exemplary. The spread of numbers
      between the units was very small. The competition has made an extremely
      valuable contribution to the hobby in general. Heartiest
      congratulations to Capt. Dennision and the 1st Royal Scots Grenadiers
      on winning the trophy this year - but, this is no time to rest on your
      laurels.
      To Captain Dickerson, Colour Sergeant Stott and all the volunteers who
      made the day - a grand Huzzah! A fine start to the Canadian season,
      sirs.
      Sorry to have missed Sunday.
      Yr Humble and Most Obedient Servant
      Ray Hobbs
      AdC to Colonel Williams
    • Grenzer7
      Message 50 of 50 , May 6, 2014
        Let me add a congratulations and a thank you to the organizers of the
        Longwoods event. We enjoyed it and wished more people had come out to
        join either as reenactors or spectators. This was a great start to the
        season!

        John Goldsworthy
        Croghan's Company, 17th US Infantry
        (The King's Company of Historical Reenactors)