4th Foot

  • Charlie McCulloh
    Message 1 of 21 , May 3, 2009
      Any elements of the 4th Foot going to Mississiawa? We do 4th Foot here on the Gulf Coast and are looking for someone to fall in with if we can arrange life/work/family schedules.

      Charlie McCulloh
    • Ian Gardner
      Message 2 of 21 , May 3, 2009
        Can anybody help me out with when this park was incorporated and the
        monument moved here from the original battle site? Sometimes, Google
        ain't wurth nuthin'! :)

        TIA
        Ian
      • JGIL1812@aol.com
        Message 3 of 21 , May 4, 2009
          Charlie,

          Indeed, Dan Egan and a group who portray the 4th regularly show up at
          Mississinewa.

          JG/RE
          **************2009 3 Free CREDIT SCORES: See Your 3 Credit Scores from All
          3 Bureaus FREE!
          (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221797372x1201397989/aol?redir=https:%2F%2Fwww.freescore.com%2FOffers%2FStart%2FFreeCreditRepor
          tAndScore.aspx%3FID%3D91831F371F138345B53A153F49D4D872%26siteid%3De927580bf7
          )

        • Charlie McCulloh
          Message 4 of 21 , May 4, 2009
            Great, do you have a contact for Dan?
            Thanks

            Message 5 of 21 , May 4, 2009
              http://1812crownforces.tripod.com reads:

              4th (King's Own) Regt
              Carl Johnson
              carlivar(at) yahoo.com

              Message 6 of 21 , May 4, 2009
                In a message dated 5/4/2009 12:59:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                moosenmoo35244@... writes:

                <<Great, do you have a contact for Dan?
                Thanks>>

                Charlie,

                Dan can be reached at: b1eagan at aol.com. He is not a member of this list
                but tell him I referred you to him. All the best.

                John Gilmour

                Message 7 of 21 , May 4, 2009
                  I already talked to Carl and he says his group is not going to M this year.
                  Is Dan in that group with Carl?

                  Message 8 of 21 , May 4, 2009
                    In a message dated 5/4/2009 2:00:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                    moosenmoo35244@... writes:

                    Is Dan in that group with Carl?

                    Charlie,

                    No... Dan is with another group who portray's the 4th.

                    JG

                    Message 9 of 21 , May 4, 2009
                      Mississinewa 1812 usually has a few Chicago 4th in attendance

                      Don't know where Carl Johnson is located, or Dan

                      Yrs.,
                      L2

                      United States Forces 1812
                      http://usforces1812.tripod.com

                      Crown Forces North America 1812
                      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com

                      WAR Of 1812 Events

                      Sutlers & Merchants
                      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

                      1812/2009 Grand Tactical Webpages
                      http://www.cryslersfarm.com
                      http://1812grandtactical.tripod.com
                      Annual War of 1812 Grand Tactical
                      July 11-12, 2009 Crysler's Farm
                      Morrisburg, Ontario, Canada

                      --- "Charlie McCulloh" wrote:

                      I already talked to Carl and he says his group is not going to M > Is Dan in that group with Carl?
                    • LCpl_rm
                      Message 10 of 21 , May 4, 2009
                        Carl's 4th is from the Carolinas.

                        Charlie belongs to the 4th down in Alabama/Mississippi.

                        And obviously there's a 4th from Chicago. Dan's?

                        You guys ever planning to get together?

                        Cheers,

                        Ed Seufert, Cpl
                        1812 Royal Marines

                        Message 11 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                          I think I met some of the Chicago group at Chalmette this January. Hope to get together soon with the rest. 3 or 4 of us are trying to get our life/family/work schedules together to go to M. We'll fall in with any other 4th members we can find.

                          Charlie

                        • mimathews@comcast.net
                          Message 12 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                            That would be good to see.  Usually they get grouped with the Swiss and other misc. types to form a section.  The Chicago area group was good looking and well drilled.  We travelled with them to Waterloo in 95.  Unfortunately almost all have drifted off to other pursuits.

                            Michael

                            "In the long run, we only hit what we aim at."  -- Thoreau

                            Message 13 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                              In a message dated 5/5/2009 3:00:14 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
                              moosenmoo35244@... writes:

                              I think I met some of the Chicago group at Chalmette this January. Hope to
                              get together soon with the rest. 3 or 4 of us are trying to get our
                              life/family/I think I met some of the Chicago group at Chalmette this January.
                              Hope to get togeth

                              Charlie,

                              Yes... that was Dan and Al you met at New Orleans this past year. Friendly
                              guys and I am sure their group would be eager to join up with you.

                              JG/RE
                              steps!
                              (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322931x1201367171/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
                              =May5509AvgfooterNO115)

                            • BritcomHMP@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                                Charlie,

                                On a related topic please let me know if any of the unit might be
                                interested in attending the Jean Lafitte event on Grand Isle this July. This is the
                                second year for this event which is in connection with the Tarpon Rodeo but
                                we are looking at developing two stind-alone events, one on Grand Isle/
                                Grand Terre and one in Lafitte.

                                All the best,

                                Tim Pickles

                                In a message dated 5/5/2009 8:13:03 AM Central Daylight Time,
                                JGIL1812@... writes:

                                I think I met some of the Chicago group at Chalmette this January. Hope to

                                get together soon with the rest. 3 or 4 of us are trying to get our
                                life/family/life/family/<WBR>I think I met some of the Chicago group at
                                Chalmette t
                                Hope to get togeth

                                Charlie,

                                steps!
                                (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322931x1201367171/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
                                =May5509AvgfooterNO115)

                              • HAROLD DENNISON
                                Message 15 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                                  I hope they'll "all" have the opportunity to introduce themselves to one and other well in advance of Mississinewa at the Grand Tactical in July.

                                  Hal Dennison
                                  1-800-385-9630
                                  www.JustDreamLife.com

                                  I teach people like "you" how to make six figure incomes working from home.

                                  ************ **A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy

                                  Message 16 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                                    With all the talk of Mississinewa 1812

                                    May I point out to the Canadians that this is one of the years
                                    that Mississinewa 1812 http://www.mississinewa1812.com
                                    is not on the Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend (yes we have a different Thanksgivings day than the Americans)

                                    Oct 2-4 Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, Indiana, USA
                                    Oct 12 Canadian Thanksgiving Day

                                    So the excuse of Thanksgiving Day being a Family Celebration won't work this year

                                    If your excuse is "it' s too far to drive" - think of those in Texas and Georgia who make a two /three day drive to attend this event

                                    Or if your excuse is "there's the USA/Canadian border to cross" there is still time to obtain a passport.

                                    If you still need somethining there are over
                                    100 sutlers/merchant/food booths at this event to shop

                                    Yes I do love the event at Mississinewa/Marion, Indiana

                                    It is the last time to socialize with re-enactors from the USA till next year.
                                    I may only see them this year at The War of 1812 Grand Tactical.

                                    The War of 1812 Grand Tactical is at Crysler's Farm next to Upper Canada Village (where the `Crossing' was filmed) near Morrisburg, Ontario, Canada and is on July 11-12

                                    July 11-12 Grand Tactical Crysler's Farm - Morrisburg, ON
                                    Oct 2-4 Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, Indiana, USA
                                    Oct 12 Canadian Thanksgiving Day

                                    So to quote Hal Dennison: "I hope they'll "all" have the opportunity to introduce themselves to one and other well in advance of Mississinewa at the Grand Tactical in July."

                                    Yrs.,
                                    L2
                                    And for those new to this Yahoo Group visit

                                    Message 17 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                                      Mr Lozon,

                                      Here's one more you can quote.....See you all at Fanshawe!!!!   :)

                                      Wait a minute....is that a conflict because Mississinewa moved their event ahead a week this year??? Good luck trying to sell that one this year, Sir.

                                      http://royal. scots.tripod. com/warof1812eve ntslist

                                      Message 18 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                                        Yes Mr. Dennison

                                        Sadly there is a date conflict this year
                                        (Mr. Westhouse are we having this conversation again?!?)

                                        Oct 2-4 Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, Indiana, USA
                                        Oct 3-4 Fanshawe 1812 - London, Ontario, Canada

                                        Thank you for your offering of `Good Luck' trying to sell Mississinewa this year.

                                        There will be those who attend Fanshawe 1812 and I know of some who will travel to Mississinewa 1812.

                                        I can only hope both events are attended well as they are both good 1812 events.

                                        My comments were not to belittle Fanshawe as I know your group [1st (Royal Scots) Regt. Grenadier Company] sponsor the event but rather to inform those who would like to attend Mississinewa that it is not on the Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend.

                                        Yrs,
                                        L2

                                        --- HAROLD DENNISON wrote:

                                        Mr Lozon,

                                        Here's one more you can quote.....See you all at Fanshawe!!!!   :)

                                        Wait a minute....is that a conflict because Mississinewa moved their event ahead a week this year??? Good luck trying to sell that one this year, Sir.
                                      • Mark Dickerson
                                        Message 19 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                                          The Mississinewa event rotates every year between the first week end and the
                                          second week end in October. Mississinewa and the Battle of the Thames used
                                          to conflict every other year in the past. Both events usually ended up
                                          being well attended when they coincided.

                                          Count on the Battle of the Thames to be recreated on October 4, 5 and 6th in
                                          2013. The 5th will be the actual 200th anniversary.

                                          Mark Dickerson

                                          Message 20 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                                            Mississinewa 1812 also contends with the Feast of the Hunter's Moon and the Perdue University Football Game.

                                            As members of the Feast of the Hunter's Moon are now on the Mississinewa 1812 committee they are able to work out dates.

                                            Mississinewa 1812 - October 2-4, 2009
                                            Mississinewa 1812 - October 8-10, 2010

                                            Mr. Dickerson, I look forward to the Battle of the Thames October 4, 5, 6, 2013.

                                            Yrs.,
                                            L2
                                            PS: I hope your travel east was enjoyable

                                            --- "Mark Dickerson" wrote:

                                            The Mississinewa event rotates every year between the first week end and the second week end in October. Mississinewa and the Battle of the Thames used to conflict every other year in the past. Both events usually ended up being well attended when they coincided.
                                            Count on the Battle of the Thames to be recreated on October 4, 5 and 6th in 2013. The 5th will be the actual 200th anniversary.
                                          • Dave Westhouse
                                            Message 21 of 21 , May 5, 2009
                                              The anniversary event of the Battle of the Thames in 2014 has been noted to the staff at Fanshawe and the event will make way for the anniversary event that year by some means yet to be determined. In 2014 you will NOT see;

                                              Oct 4-6 . . . Battle of the Thames
                                              Oct 5-6 . . . Fanshawe 1812

                                              Being sensitive to actual battle sites in the anniversary years is essential to making it all work.

                                              Dave Westhouse.

                                              October events