Ogdensburg - War of 1812 War College

  • whittakermp
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009
      The first of what we hope will be many War of 1812 War Colleges organized by the Fort La Présentation Association is Saturday, May 2.

      More than 90 people have registered. Although most are coming from New York and Ontario, others are coming from Virginia, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Quebec and Kansas.

      Many re-enactors are attending as are a historians, academics and others involved in heritage and cultural preservation; a very interesting range of individual interests represented. They will be asked to fill out a survey to determine what went well and what needs improving and to get suggestions for future speakers.

      Of course, the date conflicts with other events. That can't be helped just about whatever date selected.

      I will be at Georgina next weekend as W.L MacKenzie, so I can fill anyone in who may be interested in the war college.

      Cheers,
      Michael Whittaker