Celebrate Barrie Festival - June 6th/09 - Paid Event

  • DAVID BRUNELLE
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6 5:26 PM
      Celebrate Barrie Festival 10th Anniversary, June 6th/09, Barrie, Ontario,
      Canada

      PAID EVENT - LOOKING FOR: RE-ENACTORS, ARTISANS, ENTERTAINERS, HISTORICAL
      DISPLAYS, ETC

      The City of Barrie received excellent feedback from the public last year in
      regards to its 19th Century/War of 1812 encampment and historical displays
      that were set-up during the Celebrate Barrie Festival. The City of Barrie
      will be celebrating its fifty years being designated a city and the
      Celebrate Barrie Festival will be celebrating its 10th year as well. They
      are looking to expand the 19th Century/War of 1812 encampment this year to
      include more presenters, displays, period musicians and a tactical arms and
      drill demonstration including period watercraft. We are looking for
      re-enactors to partake in this one day event at Heritage Park in downtown
      Barrie and are specifically looking for the following:

      British & American Military Units, Individuals & Encampments

      Fife and Drum Groups
      Period Musicians, Performers and Singers
      Period Demonstrators, Artisans, Entertainers and Merchants
      Native, Voyageur, Buckskinner Units, Individuals & Encampments
      Artillery Crews and Cannons/Artillery Encampments>
      Long Boat Crews and Boats with Cannons/Naval Encampments

      If you have a special unique 19th century talent not listed above we would
      also like to here from you!

      This is a paid event for all participants and you will be compensated for
      attending and providing wholesome education and public orientated
      programming. A reminder that this event is a little different from normal
      re-enactments as all participants are being compensated for attending and
      during education and public hours you are required to cater and interact
      with the public. First person interpretations and historical portrayals are
      stressed and encouraged as much as possible.

      If you are available to attend the event please submit a proposal with the
      following information from you or your unit/group:

      1. Name, Address, Postal Code, Phone Number and E-mail address
      2. A description of what you have to offer in regards to talent,
      demonstrations, exhibits, entertainment, encampments etc.
      3. Any promotional materials, pictures, website addresses, flyers,
      cd, etc. promoting yourself or your group
      4. How many performances, interpretations, and presentations you would
      perform if applicable.
      5. How much it would cost for participating in this one day event.
      6. Please submit your proposals to David J. Brunelle at:

      Email - davidbrunelle@...
      Phone: 705-716-7124
      Mailing - 23 Byrnes Crescent, Penetanguishene, Ontario,
      Canada, L9M 1W4

      Please submit proposals as soon as possible as the Celebrate Barrie Festival
      Committee will be making decisions on an on going basis as to which
      proposals we will be accepting for the event. I thank you all in advance
      for submitting your proposals as you are more than aware that all proposals
      submitted may not be selected for the event.

      We look forward to receiving everyone's proposals and if you have any
      questions feel free to contact me anytime!

      David J. Brunelle

      Co-ordinator Historical Displays/Exhibits

      Celebrate Barrie Festival 2009
    • Charles Fitton
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 7 4:30 AM
        Sorry - Ferret and her crew will be off doing "real army" crap

      • HAROLD DENNISON
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7 11:04 AM
          Isn't that the same weekend as Stoney Creek???  :)
          Sorry dude, the Grenadiers of the 1st Foot will be counter attacking from Burlington Heights.

          Hal Dennison
          1-800-385-9630
          www.JustDreamLife.com

          I teach people like "you" how to make six figure incomes working from home.

          Email - davidbrunelle@ rogers.com
          Phone: 705-716-7124
          Mailing - 23 Byrnes Crescent, Penetanguishene, Ontario,
          Canada, L9M 1W4

          Please submit proposals as soon as possible as the Celebrate Barrie Festival
          Committee will be making decisions on an on going basis as to which
          proposals we will be accepting for the event. I thank you all in advance
          for submitting your proposals as you are more than aware that all proposals
          submitted may not be selected for the event.

          We look forward to receiving everyone's proposals and if you have any
          questions feel free to contact me anytime!

          David J. Brunelle

          Co-ordinator Historical Displays/Exhibits

          Celebrate Barrie Festival 2009

        • Kevin Windsor
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7 1:35 PM
            It's always the same weekend as Stoney Creek!

            Likewise the Grenadiers of the 89th Reg't will be standing shoulder to shoulder with our "brothers of the white hackles"

            Kevin

            89th

            To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com

            .