Shaking the family tree

  • Bob Boynton, RNCR, 16th, etc
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2009
      Hello All
      I am trying to solve a recurring question in my family tree. Does anyone know a web address for listings of members of the Vermont Militia Regiments. It might be in book form, but my library shelves in NC seem not to have a copy. I have a deep down feeling that my ancestor might have been at Plattsburg, but haven't seen muster rolls or pension papers. I recently found info that he got/bought property in Kalamazoo, Mich. in 1838, which is where some of the Vermont land grants were located. One lot he bought with his cousin, so it might have been for other reasons.

      I am looking for:
      John W. Boynton (also known as Jehiel Webb. or J.W. Boynton)
      Abraham Boynton
      Daniel B Marsh

      Thanks for any help.

      Bob Boynton
      21st RNBF
      Kannapolis, NC

    • ronpontiac
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2009
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Boynton, RNCR, 16th, etc" <bob@...> wrote:

        > I am looking for:
        > John W. Boynton (also known as Jehiel Webb. or J.W. Boynton)
        > Abraham Boynton
        > Daniel B Marsh

        Hi Bob,

        I found a John Boynton in the Vermont Militia but no Abraham although there were a few other Vermont Boyntons. Jehiel Webb does not turn up although there was a Jehu Webb from Ohio. There were a few Daniel Marsh's and I include the one from New Hampshire as being a possibility. The reference numbers refer to records at the US Archives.

        Good luck.

        Ron Dale
        Name: John Boynton
        COMPANY: 2 REG'T (FIFIELD'S) VERMONT MILITIA.
        Rank - Induction: CORPORAL
        Rank - Discharge: CORPORAL
        Roll Box: 22
        Roll Exct: 602

        Name: Daniel Marsh
        COMPANY: 1 REG'T (DAVIS') NEW HAMPSHIRE MILITIA.
        Rank - Induction: PRIVATE
        Rank - Discharge: PRIVATE
        Roll Box: 132
        Roll Exct: 602

        Daniel Marsh CHURCHILL'S REG'T, (1813-14), NEW YORK VOLS. PRIVATE PRIVATE
        Daniel Marsh 134 REG'T (STONE'S), NEW YORK MILITIA. PRIVATE PRIVATE
        Daniel P Marsh MCMAHAN'S REGIMENT, NEW YORK MILITIA. PRIVATE PRIVATE