Re: June gig & extras

  • J.Bruce Whittaker
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2009
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "peter monahan" <petemonahan@...> wrote:
      if this is a 'for profit" project, the producers can and should find enough money to pay their extras something approaching the going rate!

      Clearly this is a decision each of us must make on our own, but I feel very strongly that we do ourselves a dis-service, and do real economic harm to those whose living is earned in film and tv, by essentially giving away our (valuable) services. If we don't think what we do is worth charging (commercial operations) for, why should they or anyone else take us seriously?

      My tuppence worth.

      Peter Monahan

      Hi Peter and everyone else,
      Thanks Peter. A nice reminder,well said and as I see it enough said. The subject has been beaten to death on the list.
      Regards,
      Bruce Whittaker who has been there and done that, been paid, been stiffed.