Grand Soiree, Lincoln Militia

  • Mike Jansen
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 14, 2009
      Dear Companions in the Second American War,

      Once again this year our unit, 1st Reg't, Lincoln Militia - Capt.
      James Crooks Coy, will be hosting our annual Grand Soirée at the
      Grand Tactical of the War of 1812, held this year at the beautiful
      Upper Canada Village July 11-12. We have received permission from the
      site to host our soirée and intend to do it, as we always do. Finger
      foods as well as regular and alcoholic drinks will be available for
      all attendees.

      We started this tradition four years ago, at the second Grand
      Tactical at Ft. George and every year it has built in its attendance
      numbers. The purpose of our soirée is to bring together the officers
      and NCO's of either army including Native warriors, their escorts,
      and select others for a soirée at our camp that is free of charge to
      all. Since the Grand Tactical is typically the largest War of 1812
      event of the year and one which both armies are strongly encouraged
      to support, we always host our soirée at the Grand Tactical. It is a
      chance to get to know others in the hobby whom you may only know via
      email or not know very much. Our soirée provides a central meeting
      site for all parties to converge and break down some of the walls and
      barriers there may be in our beloved hobby through communication,
      friendship and networking.

      If you have any questions you may email me at:

      co [at] lincolnmilitia [dot] ca

      or log onto our web address: www.lincolnmilitia.ca/ and click on the
      link for "Grand Soirée" to answer questions you may have.

      Unfortunately since our unit shoulders the financial burden for this
      event, it truly IS limited to only officers and NCO's, and their
      escorts. If that includes you and you intend to come to the soirée
      then I would ask you to inform me of your intentions by July 2, 2009.
      This will help us with food preparation and purchasing. Last year's
      Shrub received high praises by all those in attendance and we hope to
      tilt a few glasses with you this year. Dress is formal or military;
      see webpage for further details.

      I hope to see you in July.

      Your Most Humble and Obedient Servant,

      Mr. Calvin Arnt, Captain.
      1st Reg't, Lincoln Militia. Capt. James Crooks' Light Coy.
      http://www.lincolnmilitia.ca/