41st Lecture series - next event

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2009

      On behalf of Captain Tom Fournier and the members of The 41st Regiment
      of Foot (MLHG) I have the honour to announce another very fine
      contribution to our popular lecture series.

      Ed Bolla, known to many as a member of the 17th US Infantry, but also
      on staff at the Erie Maritime Museum, Erie, PA, and in association with
      the Brig �Niagara�, will be our speaker.
      Ed is a historian of wide interests and knowledge. His speciality is
      the history of the US Navy.
      The title of Ed�s presentation is:
      �"A Handful of Fir Built Frigates" the US Navy and the War of 1812�

      The date is Friday, May 8th, 2009
      Cost for the evening is $10.00 per person.

      The location is the Iron Duke House at the Wellington Brewery, 950
      Woodlawn Road, Guelph, Ontario.

      Doors open at 6.30pm and the lecture begins at 7.30pm.

      There will be a time for questions and discussion after the lecture,
      and a social period following the end of the formal part of the
      evening.

      Registration can be made by going to the 41st website
      (www.fortyfirst.org), clicking on �Lecture Series� and the link to
      �Registration.�

      We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at what promises
      to be an excellent presentation.

      I remain
      Your most humble and obedient servant
      R. Hobbs
      Hon Col.
      41st Regt

    • Tom Fournier
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2009
        Good morning list!

        I offer a friendly reminder that we are one week away from our next lecture featuring Ed Bolla.

        There is still plenty of room available.

        Also, Ed will be offering opportunities to support the campaign to support the U.S. Brig Niagara.

        Thanks!

        Tom