Re:War of 1812 bicentennial license plates for Ontario

  • whittakermp
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Martin Hickey <queenannsrevenge2002@...> wrote:

      > I'd gladly set up a roadside stand and sell them at the Plains of Abraham...  Ok, I'll go put myself in the corner now for probably crossing the line...  (I am very proud that these are being offered!)
      >
      > Martin

      As to other regions, I meant Sault Ste. Marie, Georgian Bay, Chatham-Kent, Toronto and St. Lawrence.

      Is there room on a plate for "Crysler's Farm; the other Nov. 11."

      Michael Whittaker
    • James Yaworsky
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "whittakermp" <whittakermp@...> wrote:

        > As to other regions, I meant Sault Ste. Marie, Georgian Bay, Chatham-Kent, Toronto and St. Lawrence.
        >
        > Is there room on a plate for "Crysler's Farm; the other Nov. 11."
        >
        > Michael Whittaker

        Missing a few regions on this list, aren't you? ;>)

        Jim Yaworsky
        Detroit Frontier/Windsor/Essex
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
          Perhaps if the War of 1812 Bicentennial license plates for Ontario actually said "War of 1812" a lot more, who do not live in the Greater Niagara Area, may have been interested and may have been willing to purchase them.

          Yrs.,
          L2

          --- Michael Whittaker wrote:

          As to other regions, I meant Sault Ste. Marie, Georgian Bay, Chatham-Kent,Toronto and St. Lawrence. Is there room on a plate for "Crysler's Farm; the other Nov. 11."

          --- Jim Yaworsky wrote"
          Missing a few regions on this list, aren't you? ;>)
          Detroit Frontier/Windsor/Essex
        • Kevin Windsor
          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
            Nope, Windsor is part of the Windsor-Chatham-Kent Region
            Now if you think that is a problem look at the Niagara Region!!
            It is Niagara, Brant, Norfolk, Elgin, Oxford, and Hamilton.
            However, South Georgian Bay and the City of Toronto are their own regions!

            KW

            >From: "James Yaworsky" <yawors1@...>
            >
            >Missing a few regions on this list, aren't you? ;>)
            >
            >Jim Yaworsky
            >Detroit Frontier/Windsor/Essex

          • peter monahan
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
              Kevin Windsor wrote:

              Nope, Windsor is part of the Windsor-Chatham-Kent Region
              Now if you think that is a problem look at the Niagara Region!!
              It is Niagara, Brant, Norfolk, Elgin, Oxford, and Hamilton.
              However, South Georgian Bay and the City of Toronto are their own regions!

              That's 'cause we're special! Neener neener! I'm so special I was in the Special class all through school. Yup, grade Nine - best five years of my life!
              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
                Peter

                when did you move to Windsor?

                Yrs.,
                L2

                ---
                Kevin Windsor wrote:
                Nope, Windsor is part of the Windsor-Chatham-Kent Region

                Peter Monahan wrote:
                That's 'cause we're special!
              • James Yaworsky
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
                  > Kevin Windsor wrote:
                  >
                  > Nope, Windsor is part of the Windsor-Chatham-Kent Region

                  On behalf of my brothers and sisters of the great County of Essex, I protest the leaving out of "Essex" from the name of this region! For heaven's sake, there *wasn't even* a "Windsor" until decades after the War of 1812!!!

                  Jim Yaworsky
                  Essexian
                  Message 8 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
                    You shudda gone to the meetin'james!

                    Yrs
                    L2 :^)
                    Kentian

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
                      Larry Lozon wrote:

                      " Peter ,
                      when did you move to Windsor?

                      Kevin Windsor wrote: Nope, Windsor is part of the Windsor-Chatham-Kent Region"

                      Kevin ALSO WROTE:

                      "However, South Georgian Bay and the City of Toronto are their own regions!"

                      To which my natural response was: "That's 'cause we're special!"

                      Try to stay with the Tour, Uncle Larry! Or lay off the almond sherry at lunchtime.

                      Yours etc.
                      Peter from north of Toronto
                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
                        Since Kevin wrote a number of regions

                        and you didn't specify I thot yud moved

                        ans no 'AS' for lunch
                        more an after Supper drink with a good cigar

                        Yours etc.
                        Larry from west of Toronto
                      • Kevin Windsor
                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
                          I'm telling your wife you are smoking!

                          KW

                        • mimathews@comcast.net
                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
                            I got a cigar at Mississinewa from a chap who had just earned his doctorate and haven't been able to find a place/time to smoke it!  I can't at home and no public vices allowed in MN it seems.

                            Oh well, it will keep.

                            Michael

                            We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. --Winston Churchill

                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
                              Kevin, an after Supper drink ... yes! ... as they did in 1812
                              a good cigar ... no ... I would luv a Cuban ... but
                              remember my old war wound ... Azhma

                              so nothing to tell the wife!

                              Ps: Michael, you can always smoke it this fall at Mississinewa when you share a glass with Mr. Dorion and myself

                              Yrs.,
                              L2

                              Message 14 of 17 , Mar 4, 2009
                                Damn!