Living History Conference thanks!

  • Spencer's Mercantile
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      Thank you to everyone who came out and helped make Living History
      Conference 2009 a success! It was great to see everyone, and although
      the day seemed to pass in a whirlwind, it was lovely to get a chance to
      chat with some of you, whether on business or just catching up on winter
      news.

      Special thanks is, of course, due to our presenters, without whom there
      would not be a conference. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your
      knowledge and experience.

      Special thanks is also due to our volunteers -- we literally could not
      have done it without you! Your generosity is tremendously appreciated.

      To all those who attended, participated, asked questions, and the like
      -- thank you for coming! We would very much like your feedback on the
      conference, the speakers, the lunch, and anything else that you would
      like to tell us about. If you didn't get a chance to hand in the
      feedback sheet from your registration pack, you can certainly email
      either Joe Clark (jac13clark(at)yahoo.ca) or me
      (info(at)spencersmercantile.com) with your comments and suggestions.

      To the merchants -- thank you for turning out and for making the best of
      somewhat cramped quarters and a rather wonky move-in and move-out
      procedure (where would we be without handicapped buttons for the
      doors?). You certainly added to the colour and spectacle of the day,
      and I know that your products and services were definitely appreciated
      by the attendees and speakers alike.

      And to my fellow committee members, Joe Clark, Deanna Cain, Peter Twist,
      and Danielle Sloan -- thank you so much for all of your hard work and
      input. It has really been a pleasure working with you, and I'm looking
      forward to the next one already!

      Speaking of which, planning for upcoming conferences in Hamilton in 2011
      and 2013 is already underway. Stay tuned for more details . . .

      Cheers to all -- and now, on to Kalamazoo!
      -- Sioux
    • Ray Hobbs
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
        Sioux and the LHC Committee
        I attended the conference on Saturday. It was an grand line-up of
        seminars, and I was sorry that I could only attend four. They were
        excellent.
        The event was well organized, and from my perspective as a registrant,
        it went smoothly. Folk were helpful, and it was good to see so many
        familiar faces.
        The day helped charge the batteries for the 2009 season.
        Well done all involved.
        Yrs etc.
        Ray
        41st