THe perfect gift for a Royal Scots

  • terry1813
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 27, 2009
      I found this on the net. I'm not sure of the cost but the level of
      detail is amazing.

      http://www.onlinedid.com/products/napoleonic/80022/

      Terry
    • James Yaworsky
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 27, 2009
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "terry1813" <tlubka@...> wrote:

        > I found this on the net. I'm not sure of the cost but the level of
        > detail is amazing.
        >
        > http://www.onlinedid.com/products/napoleonic/80022/
        >

        > Terry

        Typical. Dozy bastard needs a shave! ;>)

        Jim Yaworsky
        41st
      • Mark Dickerson
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 27, 2009
          I have seen that before. The detail of the equipment is great! I love all
          the small little buckles and that you can promote "Bruce" up to a sgt. Too
          bad he didn't shave..:) Perhaps the artist should have included a personal
          kit equipped with a razor.

          Also the Royal Scots received permission to switch to bastion lace in 1806.
          John Jenkins also does a nice Royal Scots soldier.

          Mark Dickerson

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 27, 2009
            Perhaps he did shave. We in Royal Scots are so manly, that is probably his
            '5 oclock shadow'..

            > I found this on the net. I'm not sure of the cost but the level of
            > detail is amazing.
            >
            > http://www.onlinedid.com/products/napoleonic/80022/
            >

            > Terry

            Typical. Dozy bastard needs a shave! ;>)

            Jim Yaworsky
            41st

          • Kevin Windsor
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 27, 2009
              We looked into to getting them here at the Museum and there wasn't a Cdn
              distributor yet. Last I remember they were $75

              There are 6 in the set. There is 1st Reg't, 42nd Reg't, 95th Reg't, a
              French Pioneer, a French Line Soldier, and a British Cavalry (sorry don't
              remember the Reg'ts)

              I had one person interested, but would need more than one to buy some. If
              there is some serious interest I would be more than willing to get them
              here.

              KW/89

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 27, 2009
                According to
                http://www.modellersloft.co.uk/itemlist2d.ihtml?dept=348

                42nd ROYAL HIGHLANDER REGIMENT THE BLACK WATCH 35.00

                FRENCH INFANTRY SAPPER 45.00

                ROYAL SCOTS LINE INFANTRY REGIMENT 35.00

                95th REGIMENT OF FOOT 35.00

                45e REGIMENT D INFANTERIE DE LIGNE 35.00

                15th The Kings Hussars 45.00

                NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

                95th REGIMENT OF FOOT

                are avaiable
                the prices are pound stirling

                Apparently you can order direct from the
                MODELLERS LOFT
                60 CROYDON ROAD CATERHAM SURREY CR3 6QB
                Phone/Fax : UK 0844 4775177
                INTERNATIONAL 0044 (0)1883 341818/FAX (0044) 01883 334971
                OPENING HOURS Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 9am-5pm
                Email : info@...

                --- "Kevin Windsor" wrote:
                We looked into to getting them here at the Museum and there wasn't a
                Cdn. distributor yet. Last I remember they were $75 There are 6 in
                the set. There is 1st Reg't, 42nd Reg't, 95th Reg't, a French
                Pioneer, a French Line Soldier, and a British Cavalry
              • Chris McKay
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 27, 2009
                  If you're getting me a gift, I'd rather have these:

                  http://www.johnjenkinsdesigns.com/1812.htm

                  "Bruce" is supposed to be a 3rd battalion soldier early in the
                  Peninsular War, I believe, whereas John's figures are from the battle
                  of Chippewa. He's working on adding flank company men (including
                  light infantry firing prone, hopefully), drummers, ensigns with
                  colours, company and field-level officers. You can create a whole
                  battalion!

                  Chris McKay

                  --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <larrylozon@...>