Waterloo Fever

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 23, 2009
      It seems every few years, "Waterloo Fever" hits primarily the
      "British" re-enactors on this list, and the result is a flood of
      postings that don't bear directly on the War of 1812.

      I'd like to thank the forbearance of those list members - primarily
      those in the service of President Madison and the Republic - as you
      watch your 1812 colleagues of the red and green coats (and the few
      fools duped in to the service of the Corsican Upstart) kind of flip
      out and lose it, drooling at the mere prospect of making a
      "pilgrimage" to Belgium.

      If past outbreaks are any guide, the Fever will abate in the not too
      distant future.

      With Utmost Respect

      Jim Yaworsky
      Moderator
    • HQ93rd@aol.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 3, 2009
        But Anza is the Peninsula, which is before Waterloo.
        Hmm.

        A conundrum!

        Confound it!

        93rd SHRoFLHU