Re: John Woodburn (Woody) Lambe

  • Susan Spencer
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
      Such sad news -- Woody will indeed be missed. Over his many, many
      years in the hobby, he touched and influenced many people, both public
      and re-enactors alike. Knowing him enriched us all, in many different
      ways.

      His passing will truly leave a hole in our community.
      -- Sioux
    • Tom Ross
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
        LAMBE, John Woodburn (Woody) - Peacefully, at True Davidson Acres in
        Toronto on Friday, January 30th, 2009 at the age of 70. Woody will be
        dearly missed by his wife Lois Tilden Lambe of Kingston, and will be
        forever remembered as a truly loving and devoted father by his
        daughter Rachel Lambe, her husband Randy Pryce and his only grandson
        Jack, of Toronto. He will be remembered with love by his sister Anna
        Woodburn Lambe and her partner Jane Abray of Toronto and Anna's sons
        Tim, Woody and Ben (Sarah) Hamel. Fondly remembered by Jane Gray,
        Chris and Rochelle and their daughters Lauren and Meghan McNabb and
        Sean and Petruschka McNabb and David and Trudi Barrett and their sons
        Drew and Flynn. Predeceased by his wife Jane Barrett and his parents
        Ethelmary Tilden and John Woodburn Lambe. He is also survived by many
        cousins who will never forget him. Born in Hamilton, he graduated
        from OAC and moved to Oxford County where he was a sheep farmer and
        teacher for over 40 years. He will be best remembered for the many
        years he ran the Oxford Field Studies Centre where he touched the
        lives of so many students. He had a love of history and was active in
        historical re-enactment for over 25 years. He was a musician and a
        poet but most of all, Woody was a renaissance man and will be
        remembered in a special way by everyone who knew him. Visitation will
        be on Monday, February 2nd, 2009 from 4:00 - 8:30 p.m. at Longworth
        Funeral Home, 845 Devonshire Ave., Woodstock ON, 519-539-0004 where
        the memorial service will be held on Tuesday, February 3rd at 1:30
        p.m. Reception to follow. Private family burial at a later date.
        Memorial donations can be made to St. Joseph's Hospital Cognitive
        Neurology/Alzheimer's Unit or the charity of your choice. Online
        condolences at www.longworthfuneralhome.com

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Spencer" <spencersmerc@...>