Re: 1812 John Woodburn (Woody) Lambe

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2009
      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Ross" <royals1@...> wrote:

      > Visitation for Woody will be held at Longworth Funeral Home [snip]

      Up to this post, I was still kind of hoping that it was some sort of
      misunderstanding and it wasn't *Woody* who had left us, but some other
      guy named John Lambe... he would have got a kick out of a "mistaken
      report" of his demise...

      The last time I talked to Woody, he was still in fine form. I find I
      can't recollect just where or when that was - the events all blur
      together over the years - but fortunately for me, Woody at his best is
      the way I get to remember him.

      Jim Yaworsky
    • Susan Spencer
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
        Such sad news -- Woody will indeed be missed. Over his many, many
        years in the hobby, he touched and influenced many people, both public
        and re-enactors alike. Knowing him enriched us all, in many different
        ways.

        His passing will truly leave a hole in our community.
        -- Sioux
      • Tom Ross
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2009
          LAMBE, John Woodburn (Woody) - Peacefully, at True Davidson Acres in
          Toronto on Friday, January 30th, 2009 at the age of 70. Woody will be
          dearly missed by his wife Lois Tilden Lambe of Kingston, and will be
          forever remembered as a truly loving and devoted father by his
          daughter Rachel Lambe, her husband Randy Pryce and his only grandson
          Jack, of Toronto. He will be remembered with love by his sister Anna
          Woodburn Lambe and her partner Jane Abray of Toronto and Anna's sons
          Tim, Woody and Ben (Sarah) Hamel. Fondly remembered by Jane Gray,
          Chris and Rochelle and their daughters Lauren and Meghan McNabb and
          Sean and Petruschka McNabb and David and Trudi Barrett and their sons
          Drew and Flynn. Predeceased by his wife Jane Barrett and his parents
          Ethelmary Tilden and John Woodburn Lambe. He is also survived by many
          cousins who will never forget him. Born in Hamilton, he graduated
          from OAC and moved to Oxford County where he was a sheep farmer and
          teacher for over 40 years. He will be best remembered for the many
          years he ran the Oxford Field Studies Centre where he touched the
          lives of so many students. He had a love of history and was active in
          historical re-enactment for over 25 years. He was a musician and a
          poet but most of all, Woody was a renaissance man and will be
          remembered in a special way by everyone who knew him. Visitation will
          be on Monday, February 2nd, 2009 from 4:00 - 8:30 p.m. at Longworth
          Funeral Home, 845 Devonshire Ave., Woodstock ON, 519-539-0004 where
          the memorial service will be held on Tuesday, February 3rd at 1:30
          p.m. Reception to follow. Private family burial at a later date.
          Memorial donations can be made to St. Joseph's Hospital Cognitive
          Neurology/Alzheimer's Unit or the charity of your choice. Online
          condolences at www.longworthfuneralhome.com

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Spencer" <spencersmerc@...>