Battle of Hampton

  • vastatenavy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2009
      All,
      Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen scheduling conflicts, the Battle
      of Hampton event at Endview plantation in Newport News, Virginia will
      not occur. We are however planning on next year already, after we can
      pick a better date for all involved.
      Wanted to let everyone know now while schedules may still be in the
      planning stages for your units.
      Rob Friar
      Fort Norfolk Garrison 1812-1815
    • Philip David Musselwhite
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2009
        Hello Rob.,
            What happened to the Boykins Tavern event?  I thought the two events down there were going to alternate years. Take care. Good seeing you guys at the GT.

        Dave Musselwhite

        LT of Rifles

        1st Baltimore Rifle Company

        1st Maryland Rifle Battalion

        3rd Maryland Brigade
        (Maryland Militia - War of 1812 - Reenacted)

        Unfortunately, due to some unforeseen scheduling conflicts, the Battle
        of Hampton event at Endview plantation in Newport News, Virginia will
        not occur. We are however planning on next year already, after we can
        pick a better date for all involved.
        Wanted to let everyone know now while schedules may still be in the
        planning stages for your units.
        Rob Friar
        Fort Norfolk Garrison 1812-1815

        ------------------------------------

           War of 1812 Living History:
        A wide-ranging information exchange
        for all participants and supporters

           Crown Forces Unit Listing:
                http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
           American Forces Unit Listing
                http://usforces1812.tripod.com

        WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:

      • Rob and Stephanie Friar
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2009
          Dave,

          Change in County historical director equals lack of interest in the event.
          We decided to try Battle of Hampton at Endview two years in a row to build
          towards 2013. Hopefully next year will work out.

          Rob Friar