"WWII Nazi" talk

  • howard simcoe
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 31, 2009
      Hello all and greetings from the Penal colonies.

      As I have a full mail box dealing with "WWII Nazi" talk

      I don't say much on this group since I have moved to Australia, but I thought I should just put in my two cents worth.

      The closest I have ever seen as "SS" or "SS types", would have be "The Brunswick troops" black faced sky blue with death head shako badges of which there is a unit in Australia.

      I Believe the all this "WWII Nazi" talk should be left to the WWII groups as it really has no place in 1812 or a group dealing with the history of the war of 1812.

      My two cents worth take it or leave it

      I now step off my soap box and shut up :)

      Howard

      To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.comFrom: ronaldjdale@...: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:57:12 -0500Subject: Re: Nazis, War of 1812 Re-Enacting

      What about the POW camps in the American Civil War?Ron-----Original Message-----From: RICHARD HARDMAN <shelldrake@...>To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.comSent: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:32 pmSubject: Re: Nazis, War of 1812 Re-EnactingSeems to me that it was Kitchener who invented the concentration camp.? ?Richard Hardman ________________________________From: Larry Lozon <larrylozon@...>To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.comSent: Friday, January 30, 2009 12:02:51 PMSubject: Nazis, War of 1812 Re-EnactingNow living in Kitchener Ontario Canada (approx a hour west of Toronto)For those who don't know Kitchener: a short History LessonOn June 9, 1912, Berlin officially became a City and was considered to be Canada's German Capital. However, with the outbreak of the First World War in 1914 came anti-German sentiment and an internal conflict ensued as the City was forced to confront its cultural distinctiveness. There was pressure for the City to change its name from Berlin, and in 1916 following much debate and controversy, the name of the City was changed to Kitchener, after the British General Horatio Herbert Kitchener who won fame during the Boer War.I have found out that not all Germans were Nazis as not all Americans were War Hawks, etc.I agree with our Yahoo Group owner, James Yaworsky, when he says, "I think the List has now heard enough opinions on whether anybody should ever be re-enacting SS troops." As I agree the event, The Battle of the Plains of Abraham, should be debated on another Yahoo Group as it and Naziz are not 1812-1815. I also agree with the statement made by Sue McLean, "Let us not forget that attrocities were committed during the 1812 - 1814 period" I consider Victor Suthren a friend and respect his feeling and statements regarding all things Military. I also enjoyed his talk on April 21, 2006 'Jack was every inch a sailor: The British Navy during the War of 1812'. My post about German WW2 soldiers at Fort Malden during their Timeline Event was directed to him and he has responded. I started the thread "NAZIS" therefore I claim the right I to end it. The thread labeled Nazis is done. Now, the Brownstown and Monguagon Event (just south of Detroit) they tried to organize a good event but it was overshadowed by the wading pool and rock and Roll music blaring over the parks loudspeakers. Jim again is correct stating no redcoats were present at theactual action. That is why at the event, 'Mississinewa 1812' near Marion, Indiana I announce that the spectators are not going to see a re-enactment of the Battle of Mississinewa because there were no redcoats at the original Battle of Mississinewa. Instead they see a Tactical from the War of 1812. Personal note: What ever happened to Mike Brown (late of the 41st)?War of 1812 re-enactors will be busy in February withFeb 5-8 Reenactor Fest - Chicago, IL Feb 21-22 Battle of Ogdensburg - Ogdnesburg, NY Feb 28 History Conference, Mohawk College - Hamilton, ONNow to shovel more snow!Yrs.L2United States Forces 1812http://usforces1812 .tripod.comCrown Forces North America 1812http://1812crownfor ces.tripod. comWAR Of 1812 Eventshttp://royal. scots.tripod. com/warof1812eve ntslistSutlers & Merchantshttp://1812crownfor ces.tripod. com/sutlersmerch ants1812/2009 Grand Tactical Webpageshttp://www.cryslers farm.comhttp://1812grandtac tical.tripod. comAnnual War of 1812 Grand TacticalJuly 11-12, 2009 Crysler's FarmMorrisburg, Ontario, Canada[Non-text portions of this message have been removed][Non-text portions of this message have been removed]