capotes

  • daniel oconnell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2009
      I'd like to know if there are any links to period pictures of Capotes
      in N American during our time period.

      Not modern day sutler pics but period renderings of Capotes 1700 to 1800.

      I've noticed on the Germain portraits he has a Canadian Farmer and a
      Brit soldier. On the soldier there 'appears' to be vents or gathered
      pleats at the back much like a period coat instead of the designs
      found in today's capote patterns.

      Any info out there on this?

      O'Connell
      www.kings8th.com