Re: 1812 Re:Recommended Patterns

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
      Martin:
      The uniform regulations for the Western Rangers can be found in the
      National Library and Archives of Canada, in Ottawa. This place is well
      worth a visit by anyone interested in the war of 1812.
      The staff there is helpful. If you cannot go there yourself, then
      researchers are available, for a fee. The Archives service itself is
      without cost.
      Ray Hobbs
      41st Regt

    • ronaldjdale@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
        The good folks at Fort Malden in Amherstburg have done quite a bit of research on Caldwell's Rangers.? I suggest that you contact John McLeod there.

        Ron

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
          Martin:

          A visit to

          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
          (scroll down)

          Caldwell's Western Rangers
          John MacLeod
          John.MacLeod (at) pc.gc.ca

          War Of 1812 Yahoo Group does not support email addresses
          insert @ for (at)

          Note: a visit to this web site will give you the email address
          for most of the 1812 Crown Forces Units in North America

          CROWN FORCES NORTH AMERICA {CFNA}is the convenient name given the
          re-created War of 1812 Military Re-enactment Units of
          BRITISH ~ CANADIAN ~ MILITIAS ~ ALLIES in the United States and Canada

          Yrs.,
          L2
          Crown Forces
          http://1812crownforces.tripod.com