Re:Recommended Patterns

  • Martin Hickey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
      Our unit will want to do US, though there are several of us who normally do Crowne Forces.

      If anyone on the list can recommend any good articles or books that even touch on Caldwell's Western Rangers, I'd appreciate it.

      Thanks -

      Martin

    • Ray Hobbs
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
        Martin:
        The uniform regulations for the Western Rangers can be found in the
        National Library and Archives of Canada, in Ottawa. This place is well
        worth a visit by anyone interested in the war of 1812.
        The staff there is helpful. If you cannot go there yourself, then
        researchers are available, for a fee. The Archives service itself is
        without cost.
        Ray Hobbs
        41st Regt

      • ronaldjdale@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
          The good folks at Fort Malden in Amherstburg have done quite a bit of research on Caldwell's Rangers.? I suggest that you contact John McLeod there.

          Ron

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
            Martin:

            A visit to

            http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
            (scroll down)

            Caldwell's Western Rangers
            John MacLeod
            John.MacLeod (at) pc.gc.ca

            War Of 1812 Yahoo Group does not support email addresses
            insert @ for (at)

            Note: a visit to this web site will give you the email address
            for most of the 1812 Crown Forces Units in North America

            CROWN FORCES NORTH AMERICA {CFNA}is the convenient name given the
            re-created War of 1812 Military Re-enactment Units of
            BRITISH ~ CANADIAN ~ MILITIAS ~ ALLIES in the United States and Canada

            Yrs.,
            L2
            Crown Forces
            http://1812crownforces.tripod.com