Recommended Patterns

  • queenannsrevenge2002
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2009
      I'm a cross over from AWI and have been wondering who members of the
      list would recommend for patterns. I checked the files and didn't
      really see anything on the topic. Your thoughts and recommendations
      would be welcome.

      Martin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2009
        Crown or USA?

        Yrs.,
        L2

        --- Martin wrote:

        I'm a cross over from AWI and have been wondering who members of the
        list would recommend for patterns.
      • Martin Hickey
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
          Our unit will want to do US, though there are several of us who normally do Crowne Forces.

          If anyone on the list can recommend any good articles or books that even touch on Caldwell's Western Rangers, I'd appreciate it.

          Thanks -

          Martin

        • Ray Hobbs
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
            Martin:
            The uniform regulations for the Western Rangers can be found in the
            National Library and Archives of Canada, in Ottawa. This place is well
            worth a visit by anyone interested in the war of 1812.
            The staff there is helpful. If you cannot go there yourself, then
            researchers are available, for a fee. The Archives service itself is
            without cost.
            Ray Hobbs
            41st Regt

          • ronaldjdale@netscape.net
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
              The good folks at Fort Malden in Amherstburg have done quite a bit of research on Caldwell's Rangers.? I suggest that you contact John McLeod there.

              Ron

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 4, 2009
                Martin:

                A visit to

                http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
                (scroll down)

                Caldwell's Western Rangers
                John MacLeod
                John.MacLeod (at) pc.gc.ca

                War Of 1812 Yahoo Group does not support email addresses
                insert @ for (at)

                Note: a visit to this web site will give you the email address
                for most of the 1812 Crown Forces Units in North America

                CROWN FORCES NORTH AMERICA {CFNA}is the convenient name given the
                re-created War of 1812 Military Re-enactment Units of
                BRITISH ~ CANADIAN ~ MILITIAS ~ ALLIES in the United States and Canada

                Yrs.,
                L2
                Crown Forces
                http://1812crownforces.tripod.com