Re: 1812 Alexandria 1814: August 29-30, 2009

  • Bob Boynton, RNCR, 16th, etc
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
      Todd
      Would other British Regiments that fought in the Chesapeake be welcome,
      besides the Marines and sailors? We are the 21st in NC and might, with our
      friends in the 4th (also in NC) travel. Any problems with that?
      Bob Boynton, 21st RNBF

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
        Bob,

        We are limiting it to just Royal Navy and Royal Marines at this time.
        While part of it has to do with the fact that Gordon did not have any
        regulars with him when he occupied Alexandria, it has more to do with
        the fact that the site is in the heart of an 18th/19th century city
        and has very limited space, so we're going for a focused interpretation.

        Cheers,
        Todd Post
        12th US Infantry Regiment
        www.12thinfantry.org

        On Jan 4, 2009, at 8:24 AM, WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Todd
        > Would other British Regiments that fought in the Chesapeake be
        > welcome,
        > besides the Marines and sailors? We are the 21st in NC and might,
        > with our
        > friends in the 4th (also in NC) travel. Any problems with that?
        > Bob Boynton, 21st RNBF
      • Bob Boynton, RNCR, 16th, etc
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2009
          Hi Todd
          Hmmmm, well ok, Maybe I'll have to make me a coat of the 69th NC or the 10th US (or the Mecklenburg Co home guard - the silverhairs) You might need me then <grin>
          Bob
          We are limiting it to just Royal Navy and Royal Marines at this time.
          While part of it has to do with the fact that Gordon did not have any
          regulars with him when he occupied Alexandria, it has more to do with
          the fact that the site is in the heart of an 18th/19th century city
          and has very limited space, so we're going for a focused interpretation.

          Cheers,
          Todd Post
          12th US Infantry Regiment
          www.12thinfantry.org

          On Jan 4, 2009, at 8:24 AM, WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Todd
          > Would other British Regiments that fought in the Chesapeake be
          > welcome,
          > besides the Marines and sailors? We are the 21st in NC and might,
          > with our
          > friends in the 4th (also in NC) travel. Any problems with that?
          > Bob Boynton, 21st RNBF

        • Brian Howard
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2009
            You could always suit up with us as the 20th US or Virginia Militia.

            Brian Howard
            Fort Norfolk Garrison
            20th US / 2nd VA Militia