Re: OFF-TOPIC: "African-Canadian"

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 2, 2009
      Spike,
      Most of us Canadians are as unimpressed as you are with our
      government's "play to the media" type of uninspired politically
      correctness.
      Just have to figure out how/why these idjits get there in the first
      place. :-(
      Sue

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "spikeyj" <spikeyj@...> wrote:

      > I just came back from a trip to Canada, and I saw the term
      > "African-Canadian" for the first time in my life last week,
      > on a billboard in Toronto as part of some sort of racial
      > tolerance campaign. I have to tell you, I was unimpressed
      > -- not by the idea of racial tolerance, but by Canadians
      > (or some Canadian government agency) finally adopting a
      > poorly-thought-out USAn term that had been successfully
      > resisted in Canada for so long.
      >
      > Spike Y Jones
      > Web mail provided by NuNet, Inc. The Premier National provider.
      > http://www.nni.com/

    • Tom Hurlbut
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 2, 2009
        How "these idjits get there in the first place".. good question..

        I note that the most recent election (Canada) returned a fellow who received the most votes simply because he was the least disliked of the leaders but he felt that gave him the right to govern as if he was the favourite.. "idjits" all.

        Cheers!

        "Major" Tom

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2009
          Sue wrote:

          > Most of us Canadians are as unimpressed as you are with our
          > government's "play to the media" type of uninspired politically
          > correctness.
          > Just have to figure out how/why these idjits get there in the first
          > place. :-(

          We vote for them!

          Just in the last week I first say the term "Euro-Canadian."

          I didn't vote for that either.

          John Matthew IV