1812 scenarios

  • CyrusWakefield.com
    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 29, 2008
      Here is some fun for the new year:
      Imagine that you are running a reenactment and you want it to be
      different from anything you have seen so far, from both the point of
      view of education and, if you will, historical theatre. You have a
      limited amount of participants, so the probability of doing an
      accurate depiction of a particular overall major battle may also be
      limited (unless it�s a small but major action.)
      What scenario(s) real or fictitious, would you create to present to
      the public? Be as detailed as you like and use as many props,
      suggested locations or types of terrain, etc. as you need.
      As a prompt, some of you may remember Major Tom�s (Hurlbut) crowd
      pleasing portrayal at Backus Mills, a couple years back, as he oversaw
      the battle from a wine-laden table, accompanied by lovely ladies. It
      was a little touch, but the public loved it.
      Cheers,
      Sutler Cyrus
      (Jeff Wakefield)

    • whittakermp