Re: 1812 Re: Hello from the uk

  • Rachel Coman
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 25, 2008
      Thanks Michael!

      I live in the South of England.

      I am a cavalry nut at heart having ridden since I was 'knee high to a grasshopper' but only joined the Chasseurs two years ago. Before that have done french line infantry and Spanish militia.

      Mt non militiary interest is costume and period dancing....I like to take a look at original examples whenever I can as I believe this gives you a far better understanding of the cut and construction and dancing at balls in period costume is complete escapism. Im no expert seamstress but Im starting to get a hold of what looks good and bad.

      Of course work gets in the way of the above but I cant ignore it as it funds all the fun stuff too

      So if there are any other costume fans out there give us a shout. I am very patchy on the american fashions- incl. working clothing, apart from what I have seen on the web, I would like to gain more knowledge to gain a better appreciation of fashion and to what extent/speed the trends spread across the water!

      Cheers,

      Rachel.
       The Napoleonic Association Ltd is a Company limited by guarantee of its
      members and is registered in England under Number 3220598.
      Registered Office: 5 St Stephens close, St Albans, HERTS, AL3 4AB.