Firelock available

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2008
      All,
      Many out there will receive this multiple times, and have my
      apologies. Owing to an unusual sequence of events, I am in possession of a
      new-in-box Pedersoli Short Land Brown Bess, never fired. This is frankly
      one more musket than I conceivably need, and in all honesty, the money
      that received the musket in place of would be more useful at this point (law
      school is obscenely expensive). I have put the flashguard and hammerstall
      on it and I have a new bayonet and scabbard from Godwin that go with it
      (bought those myself, thinking I could ultimately use this musket, in the
      field, just didn't work out). Dixie Gun Works' current sale price for a new
      Pedersoli Bess is $950. I will sell and ship mine, with the aforementioned
      accessories, for the same price, which is a comparative a bargain these
      days: the firelock, the accessories and shipping all for the price of the
      firelock alone from DGW or Cabela's. Interested parties may contact me at
      this e-mail.

      --
      John J. Ogden

      Madison, June 20, 1785

      "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense,
      founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of
      enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen; and, as the
      said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any
      Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising
      from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony
      existing between the two countries." -- Article 11 of the Treaty of Peace
      and Friendship between the United States and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli
      of Barbary, 3 Junad 1211 (Muslim calendar), 4 November 1796 C.E..

      --
      John J. Ogden