Reminder -- Historic Merchants' Christmas Gathering

  • Spencer's Mercantile
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2008
      Hi, all!

      Just a quick, last minute reminder that the Ninth Annual Historic
      Merchants' Christmas Gathering occurs this Saturday in Hamilton, Ontario
      -- 10am to 4pm. Admittance is free of charge, and those attending in
      period garb will have a chance to win a very special door prize.

      There is free parking just across the street from the school -- OFF BAY
      STREET (not off York Boulevard). You can download a Mapquest map to
      take you to the event, as well as a incredibly artistically drawn (LOL!)
      close-up map of how to get to the right parking lot, from the website,
      www.historicmerchants.com/xmasgathering.htm. The lot that we have use
      of is a "Green P" City Lot -- no attendant, just one of those coin
      operated dooies. We have booked the lot for the day, so just park and
      don't put your coins in the dooie . . . but please make sure that you're
      in the right lot, or you will get ticketed. :-)

      We faced a new challenge with this event this year, in that Tuesday
      morning we learned that one of the two rooms that we use was deemed
      unsafe because of tiles lifting from the floor! So, with a little
      creative arranging (and a shoe horn, not to mention some cajoling!),
      we're all squeezed into the one space . . . amazingly. We're cozy, but
      there's certainly more than enough elbow room to shop comfortably . . .
      and everyone's feeling pretty enthusiastic about the new layout! All I
      can say is thank goodness that it was the smaller room that had rotten
      tiles, thank heavens the participating merchants are a generally
      amenable lot, and thank goodness the programme wasn't printed yet . . . !

      Anyhow -- everyone here is very much looking forward to Saturday, and we
      do hope that we'll see you out for it.

      All the best, and safe travels to everyone!
      -- Sioux