Re: Another (and another) 1812 Event

  • LCpl_rm
    Message 1 of 14 , Dec 4, 2008
      Dave,

      For the record, Havre De Grace is in limbo pending someone new taking on running the event. Elk Landing has nothing scheduled for next year as they are waiting to see what their budget will allow.

      Cheers,

      Ed Seufert, Cpl
      1812 Royal Marines
      Message 2 of 14 , Dec 4, 2008
        Thanks Ed, I should have stated that as well as a possibility. There
        is never a certainty an event will go on again just because...

        So, is this the start of the trickle down effect of the slow economy
        (aka recession)? Remember in the summer almost the sole problem was
        the price of gas? Now? Ahh....

        Dave.

        Larry,
        Freeway.
        Why is a parkway a place you drive and a driveway a place you park? At
        least a sidewalk makes sense as a place you walk that is on the side
        of the road.

        Sorry Jim, just couldn't resist. Re-enactors shooting the @#$%,
        catching up, staying in touch.

        :)

        Re: Another (and another) 1812 Event

        Dave,

        For the record, Havre De Grace is in limbo pending someone new taking
        on running the event. Elk Landing has nothing scheduled for next year
        as they are waiting to see what their budget will allow.

        Cheers,

        Ed Seufert, Cpl
      • des buckley
        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 4, 2008
          Hi Ray,
          I just saw your name on my Email following a group mention of the 41st.
          Its four years since I was across & you kindly played host at Fort Erie.
          I'm afraid I've rather let the Reenactment slide.
          I'm a RAF Medical Reservist & just thought I'd take the chance to say hello.
          I'm writing from Afghan where I'm working adjacent to the Canadian Medics.
          They are a seperate unit but we rub along fine & share some facilities.
          Until last week all's been dandy its an ernormous military complex & we are well caterted for.
          Unfortunately I developed pnemonia, the doc thinks its was jogging round in this infernal talculm powder dust/sand.
          I've actually had the pleasure of sampling Tim Horton's which has an outlet here & seen the bizarre sight of a Canadian Hockey rink, the use a ball. Why they cant stick to civillised games like Football I dont know.
          Anyhow, if you feel move drop a line I'm gonna be here a few months yet.
          Best Regards

          DEs Buckley

        • LCpl_rm
          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 4, 2008
            Dave,

            Certainly an effect. For example here in Maryland, they have just announced that all state employess (except police and prison guards) will enjoy at least two days of furlough. And it'll be scaled to more days based on how high your pay is. The two days for now are the ones after Christmas and New Year's. But that is also on this fiscal year's budget and there's still six more months left. And if cuts are the way of the future what will FY 2009's budget do to sites?

            Cheers,

            Ed Seufert, Cpl
            1812 Royal Marines

            Thanks Ed, I should have stated that as well as a possibility. There
            is never a certainty an event will go on again just because...

            So, is this the start of the trickle down effect of the slow economy
            (aka recession)? Remember in the summer almost the sole problem was
            the price of gas? Now? Ahh....

            Dave.

            Messages in this topic (11) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

            Messages | Files | Photos | Database | Members
            War of 1812 Living History:
            A wide-ranging information exchange
            for all participants and supporters

            Crown Forces Unit Listing:
            http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
            American Forces Unit Listing
            http://usforces1812.tripod.com

            WAR OF 1812 EVENTS LIST:
            MARKETPLACE

            a.. 2New Members
            Visit Your Group
            Star Wars on Y!
            Discover new content

            Connect with other

            fans & upload video.

            Yahoo! News
            Kevin Sites

            Get coverage of

            world crises.

            Sitebuilder
            Build a web site

            quickly & easily

            with Sitebuilder.
            .

          • HAROLD DENNISON
            Message 5 of 14 , Dec 5, 2008
              There's an economic slow down????
              You guys are in the wrong business!    :)

              The Best D**N Training in the Industry... Learn How to Create Your Own Leads and Generate Instant Cash in Any Company.
              www.myleadcoach.com

              Thanks Ed, I should have stated that as well as a possibility. There
              is never a certainty an event will go on again just because...

              So, is this the start of the trickle down effect of the slow economy
              (aka recession)? Remember in the summer almost the sole problem was
              the price of gas? Now? Ahh....

              Dave.

              Messages in this topic (11) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

              Messages | Files | Photos | Database | Members
              War of 1812 Living History:
              A wide-ranging information exchange
              for all participants and supporters

              Crown Forces Unit Listing: