2009 WAR Of 1812 Events/Another 1812 Event

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
      1812'ers

      To quote Mr. Ogden, my humor was aimed at . . .

      those who do not visit
      http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id16.html
      but rather email me to find out what the 2009 WAR Of 1812 Events are

      For those people once again I post:

      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
      2009 WAR Of 1812 Events List
      =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

      (updated since my last posting)

      Jan 9-11 . . . Battle of New Orleans - Chalmette, LA
      Jan 24 . . . River Raisin Memorial - Monroe, MI

      Feb 5-8 . . .Reenactor Fest - Chicago, IL
      Feb 21-22 . .Battle of Ogdensburg - Ogdnesburg, NY
      Feb 28 . . . History Conference, Mohawk College - Hamilton, ON

      Mar 28 . . . 1812 comes to Loudoun County - Sterling, VA

      Apr 25 . . . Officer/NCO School,Fort George-Niagara-on-the-lake, ON
      (Crown Forces Officers & NCO's only to attend in Pvt.'s kit)
      Apr 26 . . . All units Drill Day,Fort George-Niagara-on-the-lake, ON
      (All Ranks Crown Forces & U.S. Units encouraged to attend)

      May 2 . . . 1812 War College - Ogdensburg, NY
      May 2-3 . . Battle of Longwoods - London, ON
      May 23-24 . Fort Meigs - Perrysburg, OH
      (Crown Forces event - All Crown Units encouraged to attend)

      June 5-7 . . Battle of Stoney Creek - Stoney Creek, ON
      June 6 . . . Celebrate Barrie, 1812 encampment - Barrie, ON
      June 13 . . .Battle of Hampton - Newport News, VA
      June 19-21 . Port Dover - Port Dover, ON
      June 27-28 . Genesee Village - Mumford, NY

      July 4-6 . . . Grand Time Line - Liverpool, NS
      July 11-12 . . Grand Tactical, Crysler's Farm - Morrisburg, ON
      Annual War of 1812 Grand Tactical
      (All U.S. and Crown Units encouraged to attend)
      July 17-19 . . 200th Anniversary, Founding of Royal Navy Dockyard -
      Halifax, NS (Anniversary Event-not strictly 1812
      offered here for planning purposes)
      July 24-26 . . Wasaga Under Siege - Wasaga Beach, ON

      Aug 1-2 . . Sackets Harbor - Sackets Harbor, NY
      Aug 8-9 . . Seige of Fort Erie - Fort Erie, ON
      Aug 15 . . .Bladensburg Encampment - Riverdale Park, MD

      Sept 5-6 . . . Fairfield - Thamesville, ON
      Sept 12-13 . . Backus Mill - Port Rowan, ON
      (Crown Forces event - All Crown Units encouraged to attend)
      Sept 19-20 . . 9 Mile Portage Festival - Minesing, ON
      Sept 19-20 . . Jefferson Patterson Park - Mackall, MD

      Oct 2-4 . . . Fanshawe 1812 - London, ON
      Oct 2-4 . . . Mississinewa 1812 - Marion, IN

      Dec 5 . . . Sutlers Christmas Gathering - Hamilton, ON

      Once again:
      to add or change an event contact
      Dave Westhouse at:
      westhouse (at) sympatico.ca
      - please include date, event name and location.

      Another 1812 Event

      Another 1812 event was posted to inform all that there was an 1812
      event at the site of the 2008 Grand Tactical on September 19-20,2009.

      A War of 1812 Reenactment and Tavern Night at Jefferson Patterson
      Park & Museum in Maryland. Megan Williams MWilliams (at)
      mdp.state.md.us informed me of such after my posting

      Mr. Westhouse has since added it to
      http://royal.scots.tripod.com/warof1812eventslist/id16.html

      Now . . .

      * Who is Alia, as in Larry et alia, is she-he-it an 1812 re-enactor?

      * The webmaster of 2009 WAR Of 1812 Events List Page is Dave
      Westhouse westhouse (at) sympatico.ca

      * The owner of this list is Jim Yaworsky jyaworsky (at) hotmail.com

      * Is Paul Watson doc41st (at) yahoo.ca the same Paul Watson who was
      in the 41st Regiment?

      * How can a 'Free' Way be a 'Toll' Road?

      Yrs.,
      L2

      More web pages to visit (and update)

      United States Forces 1812
      http://usforces1812.tripod.com

      Crown Forces North America 1812
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com
      (will be updated Jan 1 to reflect changes)

      WAR Of 1812 Events

      Sutlers & Merchants (subscribing to this group)
      http://1812crownforces.tripod.com/sutlersmerchants

      1812/2009 Grand Tactical Webpages
      http://www.cryslersfarm.com
      http://1812grandtactical.tripod.com
      Annual War of 1812 Grand Tactical
      July 11-12, 2009 Crysler's Farm
      Morrisburg, Ontario, Canada

      Order your 1812 Christmas gift now and you MIGHT recieve it by
      Christmas
      - for those who rec'd a 2009 Jas. Townsend "Catendar"
      (not to be confused with their catalog)
      they say Dec 5 is the last day orders should be placed for
      Valentine's Day . . .

      those who want this message translated to another language visit:
      http://babelfish.altavista.com/translate.dyn

      Time to shovel more snow!
    • James Yaworsky
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Lozon" <larrylozon@...> wrote:
        [very, very big snip]

        > Now . . .
        >
        > * Who is Alia, as in Larry et alia, is she-he-it an 1812 re-enactor?
        [snip]

        > * Is Paul Watson doc41st (at) yahoo.ca the same Paul Watson who was
        > in the 41st Regiment?

        A trick question, L2! You recollect a Paul Watson who was living in
        Windsor in the 1990's and hung out with the 41st at local events,
        drill sessions, and d&P's during that time... but, that Mr. Watson
        *never* officially joined the 41st Regiment of Foot Military Living
        History Group (to give the unit its official name). He did *talk*
        about joining, but he never did, and you will recollect, after I
        remind you, that he was always wearing a coat of the 89th...

        Jim Yaworsky
        Past Chair
        41st etc etc etc
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
          James

          I jest assumed anyone who would attend local events, drill sessions,
          and Dog & Pony Shows with a unit would pay dues and such.

          I bow to your wisdom . . .

          I now ask:

          Is Paul Watson doc41st (at) yahoo.ca the same Paul Watson who hung
          with The 41st Regiment and never joined?

          And James, do you know who Alia is?

          Yrs.,
          L2

        • BritcomHMP@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
            And James, do you know who Alia is?

            Probably a relation of Celerity!

            (For non Gilbert and Sullivan fans there is a line in HMS Pinafore when the captain is told by the First Lord of the Admiralty
            "Go, ribald, get the hence, to thy cabin with celerity. This is the consiquence of ill advised asperity."
            The cas joke was always "Who's playing Celerity tonight?")

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
              Thank you Yur Grace

              that clears it up

              Yrs.,
              L2

              --- Tim wrote:

              ... do you know who Alia is?

              Probably a relation of Celerity!
            • Ray Hobbs
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
                I believe he was the last President of the Republic of Albania.
                Now, what on earth is he doing skulking around in the hobby?
                :-)
                Yrs etc.
                Ray H
                41st

                On 3-Dec-08, at 5:09 PM, BritcomHMP@... wrote:

                > And James, do you know who Alia is?

                > Probably a relation of Celerity!
                >
                > (For non Gilbert and Sullivan fans there is a line in HMS Pinafore
                > when the captain is told by the First Lord of the Admiralty
                > "Go, ribald, get the hence, to thy cabin with celerity. This is the
                > consiquence of ill advised asperity."
                > The cas joke was always "Who's playing Celerity tonight?")
                >
                > Cheers
                >
                > Tim

              • peter monahan
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 3, 2008
                  On 3-Dec-08, at 5:09 PM, BritcomHMP@... wrote:

                  And James, do you know who Alia is?

                  Probably a relation of Celerity! (For non Gilbert and Sullivan fans
                  there is a line in HMS Pinafore when the captain is told by the First
                  Lord of the Admiralty
                  "Go, ribald, get the hence, to thy cabin with celerity. This is the
                  consiquence of ill advised asperity."
                  The cas joke was always "Who's playing Celerity tonight?")

                  Many years ago a family friend, being picked up at the train station,
                  was instructed to "Stand out front and look forlorn." Her puzzled
                  response... "Wait for it!"... was "Who's Lorne?"