Re: 1812 Re: Introduction

  • BritcomHMP@aol.com
    Message 1 of 174 , Dec 3, 2008
      In a message dated 12/3/2008 9:48:09 AM Central Standard Time,
      johnjogden@... writes:

      And in the interests of good-natured partisan badinage, you, sir, also seem
      to forget: Concord Bridge; Breed's Hill; Princeton; Trenton; Saratoga;
      King's Mountain; Yorktown (VA); York (UC); Ft. Meigs; Ft. George; Thames
      (UC); Chippewa and just wait 'til you see New Orleans...

      And Brooklin Heights, Chryslers Farm, Queenston Heights, Bladensburg,
      Detroit, Fort Bowyer.

      As you say all in light hearted banter but if we are talking about 'great
      British defeats' let's not forget that that is a slim volume compared to some
      (most) military records. Not to mention victories claimed after treaties where
      non of the 'victors' stated war aims were acopmplished or even conceded.

      ;-)

    • Jim & JoAnn Gallen
      Message 174 of 174 , Dec 19, 2013
        Jim,

        Welcome to the group?  We will look forward to your posts.

        Jim Gallen