Re: 1812 Re: Introduction

  • mimathews@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 174 , Dec 3, 2008
      Try looking under "Great British Military Disasters." ;-)

      Seriously, it was a great experience and honor to be there, capped by a powerful memorial service Saturday night at Montcalm's Cross and the Cairn to the Black Watch. One would need ice water in their veins not to be moved by the sense of duty and devotion felt there. And as we marched silently back to camp through the woods, fighting our emotions, you had the sense that the spirits in the woods approved.

      With respect to all the brave men,

      Michael Mathews

      --
      A Truism - For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism.

      From: BritcomHMP@...
      (snip)

      > Carillon.....Carillon, Nope cant remember that, Crecy, Agincourt, Blenheim,
      > Dettingen, Salamanca, Waterloo but not Carillon, I must go back to the books a
      > nd check the footnotes!
      >
      > Pip, pip :-D
      >
      > Tim

    • Jim & JoAnn Gallen
      Message 174 of 174 , Dec 19, 2013
        Jim,

        Welcome to the group?  We will look forward to your posts.

        Jim Gallen