Re: 1812 Re: Introduction

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 174 , Dec 3, 2008
      And in the interests of good-natured partisan badinage, you, sir, also seem
      to forget: Concord Bridge; Breed's Hill; Princeton; Trenton; Saratoga;
      King's Mountain; Yorktown (VA); York (UC); Ft. Meigs; Ft. George; Thames
      (UC); Chippewa and just wait 'til you see New Orleans...

      On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 6:01 PM, <BritcomHMP@...> wrote:

      > In a message dated 12/2/2008 2:32:01 PM Central Standard Time,
      > mimathews@... <mimathews%40comcast.net> writes:
      >
      > And Andre and I (along with a few hundred others) shared the honor and
      > glory
      > of crushing perfidious Albion at Fort Carillon last June, though I was just
      >
      > another faceless sergent in the ranks. Vive le Roi! ...oops, wrong
      > personality for this list... Vive la France! (Good any time.)
      >
      > -------------------
      >
      > Carillon.....Carillon, Nope cant remember that, Crecy, Agincourt, Blenheim,
      >
      > Dettingen, Salamanca, Waterloo but not Carillon, I must go back to the
      > books a
      > nd check the footnotes!
      >
      > Pip, pip :-D
      >
      > Tim
      > **************Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW
      > AOL.com.
      > (
      > http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp&icid=aolcom40vanity&ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002
      > )

      John J. Ogden

      Madison, June 20, 1785

      "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense,
      founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of
      enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen; and, as the
      said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any
      Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising
      from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony
      existing between the two countries." -- Article 11 of the Treaty of Peace
      and Friendship between the United States and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli
      of Barbary, 3 Junad 1211 (Muslim calendar), 4 November 1796 C.E..

    • Jim & JoAnn Gallen
      Message 174 of 174 , Dec 19, 2013
        Jim,

        Welcome to the group?  We will look forward to your posts.

        Jim Gallen