Introduction

  • André Gousse
    Message 1 of 174 , Dec 1, 2008
      Bonjour everyone!

      I have been on the list for the past month or so after my colleagues
      John MacLeod and Dave Webb have mentioned its existence. Let me
      introduce myself.

      My name is André Gousse. I have been re-enacting since the early
      1980s, first with the King's Royal Regiment of New York (Rev War) and
      then as a founding member of the 'Compagnie de milice de Chambly'
      (Seven Years War aka F&I War). My day job is at Parks Canada as the
      Manager of Interpretive Products at our National Office in Gatineau,
      QC. I am also the chair of the Parks Canada's Historic Weapons
      Advisory Committee and have been involved in our policies and
      regulations in that domain since 1989. Part of my career was also
      spent learning the ropes of military curatorship under René Chartrand
      as a Military/Fur Trade Curator.

      With the Bicentennial of the War of 1812 looming large on the
      horizon, I am being tempted to do something for the special
      anniversaries coming along. But I am not quite decided about what to
      do, although I know it will have to be related to events in "la belle
      province" (Chateauguay is a no-brainer). I have been involved ages
      ago in one of the first winter events at Ogdensburg, NY.

      I am looking forward to participating in the discussions and debates
      on this list.

      Votre humble et dévoué serviteur,

      André Gousse
      Milice sédentaire du Bas-Canada
    • Jim & JoAnn Gallen
      Message 174 of 174 , Dec 19, 2013
        Jim,

        Welcome to the group?  We will look forward to your posts.

        Jim Gallen