Elsie's Farewell

  • James Yaworsky
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2008
      from Gord Deans:

      On Behalf of Ken, Shelley, Barb and the Fisher family.

      Thank you for all of the kind condolences and remembrances that you
      have sent by email. Each was printed individually and presented to
      Ken and the family at the funeral yesterday for their Book of
      Remembrances.

      Rev. Canon Nick Wells provided a beautiful and loving funeral service
      which captured the essence of Elsie and was exactly what she would
      have wished for. The casket was escorted from the building by four
      honourary pall-bearers from HMS Charwell, HMS Ferret and the
      Provincial Marine to traditional tunes by a fifer and followed by a
      procession of uniformed reenactors representing the many time periods
      and units that Elsie and Ken were associated with.

      Our Admiral, Our General, Our Master of Ordnance -- her spirit will
      live on forever in our hearts.

      "Pipe the Still, All Hands ..."

      Gord Deans