E-mail got hijacked - sorry for the inconvenience

  • Correus
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 4, 2008
      Hey -

      My E-mail got hijacked - sorry for inconvenience.  The mass mailing going out has something to do with shopping.  I am fixing it.

      Again,

      Sorry for the inconvenience.
      Larry

    • John Harris
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
        Attention Jim & other Moderators
        F.Y.I.-This poster is a spammer according to some of the other lists
        that I'm on. You may want to put "Him" on moderated status to see what
        happens.
        Regards
        John Harris
        Toronto

        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Correus <correus@...> wrote:
        Hey -
          My E-mail got hijacked - sorry for inconvenience.  The mass mailing
        going out has something to do with shopping.  I am fixing it.
        Again,  Sorry for the inconvenience.
        Larry

      • James Yaworsky
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
          Thanks for the tip, John. List records show that "correus" has been a
          member in good standing and without any problems since 2000...
          perhaps he isn't the same dude...

          Jim Yaworsky

          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Harris" <jharris@...> wrote:

          > Attention Jim & other Moderators
          > F.Y.I.-This poster is a spammer according to some of the other lists
          > that I'm on. You may want to put "Him" on moderated status to see what
          > happens.
          > Regards
          > John Harris
          > Toronto
          >
          > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Correus <correus@> wrote:
          > Hey -
          >   My E-mail got hijacked - sorry for inconvenience.  The mass mailing
          > going out has something to do with shopping.  I am fixing it.
          > Again,  Sorry for the inconvenience.
          > Larry

        • correus
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
            John H. -

            You did see my message about my e-mail getting jacked didn't you? I'm
            trying to get it fixed and working with Yahoo to do it. I've also
            gone to each group I'm on apologizing and removing the message that
            spammed under my name.

            NOTE - I did get rid of the offending message.

            Again, I'm sorry it happened, but it did.

            Larry

            --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Harris" <jharris@...> wrote:

            > Attention Jim & other Moderators
            > F.Y.I.-This poster is a spammer according to some of the other
            lists
            > that I'm on. You may want to put "Him" on moderated status to see
            what
            > happens.
            > Regards
            > John Harris
            > Toronto
            >
            > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Correus <correus@> wrote:
            > Hey -
            >   My E-mail got hijacked - sorry for inconvenience.  The mass
            mailing
            > going out has something to do with shopping.  I am fixing it.
            > Again,  Sorry for the inconvenience.
            > Larry

          • correus
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
              Jim -

              Unfortunately the e-mail address was mine, but I did not send it. My
              system was hacked into and all my e-mail address were stolen and
              deleted out of my PC. I have been in contact with Yahoo about this
              matter as well as the makers of my security software. I am trying
              the best I can to fix this and have been going to every group I'm a
              member of and removing the message (since my address was used I found
              out I could do this). The offending message that was posted here was
              deleted yesterday (at least I'm not seeing it any more).

              Again - I apologize.

              Larry

              --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "James Yaworsky" <yawors1@...>
              wrote:

              > Thanks for the tip, John. List records show that "correus" has
              been a
              > member in good standing and without any problems since 2000...
              > perhaps he isn't the same dude...
              >
              > Jim Yaworsky
              >
              > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "John Harris" <jharris@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Attention Jim & other Moderators
              > > F.Y.I.-This poster is a spammer according to some of the other
              lists
              > > that I'm on. You may want to put "Him" on moderated status to see
              what
              > > happens.
              > > Regards
              > > John Harris
              > > Toronto
              > >
              > > --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, Correus <correus@> wrote:
              > > Hey -
              > >   My E-mail got hijacked - sorry for inconvenience.  The mass
              mailing
              > > going out has something to do with shopping.  I am fixing it.
              > > Again,  Sorry for the inconvenience.
              > > Larry

            • James Yaworsky
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
                No problem, Larry. This sort of thing happens. I don't see why you
                should apologize, as you are the primary 'victim' here! I never did
                see the "offending message" on this group, perhaps the Yahoo dudes got
                to it before it got widely distributed.

                Jim Yaworsky

                --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "correus" <correus@...> wrote:

                > Jim -
                >
                > Unfortunately the e-mail address was mine, but I did not send it. My
                > system was hacked into and all my e-mail address were stolen and
                > deleted out of my PC. I have been in contact with Yahoo about this
                > matter as well as the makers of my security software. I am trying
                > the best I can to fix this and have been going to every group I'm a
                > member of and removing the message (since my address was used I found
                > out I could do this). The offending message that was posted here was
                > deleted yesterday (at least I'm not seeing it any more).
                >
                > Again - I apologize.
                >
                > Larry
              • John Harris
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
                  --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "correus" <correus@...> wrote:

                  John H. -
                  You did see my message about my e-mail getting jacked didn't you? I'm
                  trying to get it fixed and working with Yahoo to do it. I've also
                  gone to each group I'm on apologizing and removing the message that
                  spammed under my name.
                  NOTE - I did get rid of the offending message.
                  Again, I'm sorry it happened, but it did.
                  Larry

                  Larry
                  I'm sorry if I've complicated this issue for you. When I saw the same
                  message on several e-groups that I assume we both belong to,and a
                  message from one of the moderators(not on this list) that you
                  were "gone",I came to the wrong conclusion.
                  Please accept my sincere apologies and I wish you all the best in
                  tracking down and destroying the ******* hacker!
                  Regards
                  John Harris
                • correus
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 5, 2008
                    No problem John - I can completely understand they way you, and some
                    others, reacted. I hate spammers as well.

                    In fact, I have even asked some groups to put me on 'moderation'
                    status just to play it safe.

                    Hey - you were just looking out for the welfare of the hive.

                    On the bright side - the problem looks to have been cleared up.
                    Yahoo has really jump on this and are running with it.

                    Take care!
                    Larry