Spare Lock Parts for a Navy Arms Charleville

  • John Ogden
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 2008
      All,
      Several people will be getting this posting more than once, so all
      apologies. As the subject line states, does anyone know where I can find
      spare lock parts for a Navy Arms 1763/6 Charleville? I specifically need a
      spring for the frizzen/steel, although for various reasons a whole lock
      might be the way to go here? Are the locks/parts from Pedersoli reasonably
      close (could be modified to fit the lock/inletting)? I had a small
      mechanical failure this past weekend, and so I'm looking to remedy this as
      expeditiously as possible.

      --
      John J. Ogden

      Madison, June 20, 1785

      "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense,
      founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of
      enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen; and, as the
      said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any
      Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising
      from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony
      existing between the two countries." -- Article 11 of the Treaty of Peace
      and Friendship between the United States and the Bey and Subjects of Tripoli
      of Barbary, 3 Junad 1211 (Muslim calendar), 4 November 1796 C.E..