Flashguards, safety etc

  • suthren@magma.ca
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2008
      Spike, that was well said. But i go back to the analogy with tall ship sailing. Sailing a square-rigger is inherently risky: the only true safety is to leave the ship tied up. We went transpac in a replica of Cook's 'Endeavour'---but we had SATNAV, GPS, Radar, VHF and SSB, two GM 6-71 diesels if things got hairy, and we wore safety harnesses when aloft, and were hooked on on deck in rough weather. We still learned and experienced what Cook felt. Cannot a battle tactical be as much an adventure while still doing everything, physical as well as in human terms, to mitigate risk?

      Vic