Richard Beasley

  • Ray Hobbs
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2008
      List:
      For those in the Head of the Lake region:

      The Dundas Valley Historical Society continues with this season's
      Speaker Series with David Beasley presenting "From Bloody Beginnings:
      Richard Beasley's Upper Canada" at the Dundas Museum & Archives, 139
      Park Street West,  on Wednesday, October 8, 2008.

      David Beasley is a direct descendant of Richard, one of the very
      earliest white settlers in the area. Richard owned Burlington Heights
      during the War of 1812. In my opinion he was an indifferent
      businessman, politician and public figure, but he is part of local and
      UC history. Admission to the lecture is a whopping two bucks.
      I am unable to attend. I shall be teaching at the university that
      evening.

      Yrs etc.
      Ray Hobbs
      41st