Mainspring

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
      Ed:

      Try Shooter's Choice in Waterloo Ontario
      www.shooterschoice.com

      They have supplied Jap parts in the past
      and fixed many Parks Canada muskets

      Their gunsmith is a shooter

      Yrs.,
      L2

      - Ed B. wrote:

      This is probably a hopeless quest, but does anyone out there have a
      mainspring for an old Japanese repop Charleville? In a pinch I'll
      take one for Japanese Bess.

      Ed B.
    • Dale Kidd
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
        --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Peterson" <petersons@...> wrote:
        > ...Les Szabo from Lion's Den did fit up my Bess, using a
        > Pedersoli replacement spring, and much intense labour with a Dremmel
        > tool.
        > His price was reasonable, and workmanship is guaranteed.

        Furthermore, if you will be attending Fanshawe this weekend, Les will
        likely be there!

        ~Dale
      • HQ93rd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
          Blatant plug:

           David Zucker's new comedy feature film AN AMERICAN CAROL opens October 3 in theaters everywhere.

          http://americancarol.com/

          The guy in the little black moustache is hilarious...he even sings!.

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFcf0EkA7Q

          Hey...there is SOME history involved!

          ;-)

          93rd SHRoFLHU
          THE Thin Red Line
          www.93rdhighlanders.com
          www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
          www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

        • Roger
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
            Yes. Les should be there. He is bring my son's Jap Charleville lock
            with a new mainspring. It was a custom job as Rick described. I did
            consider a completely new Pedersoli lock for about twice the price.

            Roger