Re: Mainspring

  • Rick Peterson
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
      Ed,
      Trying to find replacement parts for the old Jap muskets is, as you
      put it, virtually hopeless.
      However, Les Szabo from Lion's Den did fit up my Bess, using a
      Pedersoli replacement spring, and much intense labour with a Dremmel
      tool.
      His price was reasonable, and workmanship is guaranteed.
      His number should be in the list of merchant contacts. Failing that,
      I could find it for you if need be.

      Rick P.

      --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "dguts1813" <Armchairadm@...>

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
        Ed:

        Try Shooter's Choice in Waterloo Ontario
        www.shooterschoice.com

        They have supplied Jap parts in the past
        and fixed many Parks Canada muskets

        Their gunsmith is a shooter

        Yrs.,
        L2

        - Ed B. wrote:

        This is probably a hopeless quest, but does anyone out there have a
        mainspring for an old Japanese repop Charleville? In a pinch I'll
        take one for Japanese Bess.

        Ed B.
      • Dale Kidd
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
          --- In WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Peterson" <petersons@...> wrote:
          > ...Les Szabo from Lion's Den did fit up my Bess, using a
          > Pedersoli replacement spring, and much intense labour with a Dremmel
          > tool.
          > His price was reasonable, and workmanship is guaranteed.

          Furthermore, if you will be attending Fanshawe this weekend, Les will
          likely be there!

          ~Dale
        • HQ93rd@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 2008
            Blatant plug:

             David Zucker's new comedy feature film AN AMERICAN CAROL opens October 3 in theaters everywhere.

            http://americancarol.com/

            The guy in the little black moustache is hilarious...he even sings!.

            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFcf0EkA7Q

            Hey...there is SOME history involved!

            ;-)

            93rd SHRoFLHU
            THE Thin Red Line
            www.93rdhighlanders.com
            www.myspace.com/93rdhighlanders
            www.new.facebook.com/people/Sutherland_Highlanders/1120912511

          • Roger
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2008
              Yes. Les should be there. He is bring my son's Jap Charleville lock
              with a new mainspring. It was a custom job as Rick described. I did
              consider a completely new Pedersoli lock for about twice the price.

              Roger